November 16, 2014

Review: STAY by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Title: STAY

Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Source: ebook from author for review

AMAZON  B&N 

goodreads...

Nothing could possibly get worse. Everything and everyone that could be in jeopardy already is, and Jared knows that he is The Society's only hope. If he doesn't find a way to escape he fails everyone including Vera, the bear shifter he can't seem to get out of his head.

Casey and Toby are in love. Head over heels in love, but is their love strong enough to survive a magic so powerful that Casey's mind is no longer in her control?

Vera will do anything to help her sister, and unfortunately that means she is well acquainted with Jared, the most frustrating man she has ever met. Now she has to find a way to fight her annoyance and growing attraction long enough to help save Levi and Allie.

Racing against the clock, all four must face their greatest fears to save The Society and all the people they love.


My take...

Now, while I am usually a big gusher over this series and its predecessor series, I just could not find it in me to love it- love it. But I did enjoy it. Maybe it was the many POVs. 4 total. I do not recall that many before in the series. I understand it was needed at times to get the story across. But also at times it had me confused. (This could be due to my pregnancy brain. Who knows?) Or maybe it was the relationship between Vera and Jared. I just wasn't feeling them. I don't know if it is because I really lost interest in them as a whole...or if I really love Casey and Toby more.

Want to know what I loved about the story? I adored Casey and Toby and absolutely loved their scenes together. I felt it really added to the story. They had a lot going on in their lives and I found it extremely interesting to read. Also, as usual, I was also excited to see Levi and Allie again. Can never get enough of Levi. So much love for him.

And yes, even though I really wasn't all that intrigued with Vera and Jared, I have a feeling some major, huge, extraordinary things are on the horizon for them in the next book. Trust me, you will get this feeling too when you read the book. I look forward to what will happen next with them.

So, if you are reading this review, hopefully you have read the first two books in the series and you are trying to decide if you want to read this one. And while that answer should be a given, because this series is amazing. My answer is most definitely YES! While it wasn't my favorite of the series, I still really liked it. I am still giving it 4 stars. I am still eager to read the next one. So I hope you will pick it up and read it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment