December 21, 2014

Review: EYES TURNED SKYWARD by Rebecca Yarros

Title: EYES TURNED SKYWARD

Author: Rebecca Yarros

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...

Since her sister's death, twenty-year-old Paisley Donovan, who shares her sister’s heart condition, is treated like delicate glass by her parents. But nothing will stop her from completing her Bucket List—even if it kills her. And it almost does, until Jagger Bateman pulls her from the ocean and breathes more than air into her lungs—he sets her soul on fire.

Jagger is enrolled in the country's toughest flight school. He's wickedly hot, reckless, and perfect for a girl looking to live life to the fullest. Except that Paisley is the commanding general's daughter, and her boyfriend is Jagger's biggest rival. Now Paisley must decide just how much to risk for a guy who makes her heart pound a little too hard.

They're flying through dangerous territory—and one wrong move could make them crash and burn...


My take...

Paisley is making a list and is bound and determined to get through it before life and her heart consumes her. Well on her way, she is content with what is left of her life until Jagger saves her. Literally saves her. Now she doesn't know what to do with these new feelings and thoughts. Continue on as before or live life to the fullest? Only time will tell. Sweet, precious, dwindling time.

Wow oh wow! Another fabulous, page-turner of a book by the incredible Rebecca Yarros. I was once again blown away. I resigned myself to believe that this lady could not pull off another book as amazing as FULL MEASURES. Obviously it had to be a one-time thing right? Wrong. I was completely and utterly blown away with EYES TURNED SKYWARD. I inhaled it until I got towards the end and had to truly make myself slow down and savor the ending that was coming.

I loved seeing old characters like Josh and Ember make appearances, but was glad that the story didn't focus on them. So if you are just picking up this author, there is no fear that book one, FULL MEASURES, will be ruined for you. Nothing really gets disclosed that would have you thinking "Why didn't I read that one first?" But I would highly recommend that book as well if you haven't read it. It tore me up from the beginning and had me on an emotional roller coaster.

But anyhow, loved Jagger and Paisley so very much in this story of theirs. There were times I wasn't sure I could trust Jagger and his feelings, but this nagging feeling I had in the back of my mind told me it would all work out in the end with him. That there was more to him than what we were getting and seeing. And even with all that goes on between Paisley and Jagger from the beginning, I rooted for them to be together and make it. To be that couple that everything works out for them in the end.

I loved the plot and all the hidden gems of surprises that awaited us readers. I never saw them coming. It was just a wonderful read and so very glad I was able to partake in its awesomeness! Definitely a must read! I would suggest it to any and all who love an emotional NA read that revolves around military life. Cannot wait for more from this author. Absolutely one of my all-time favorites of this year. 5 Blow Me Away Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment