January 28, 2015

Review: DUSK by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Title: Dusk

Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Source: eARC from author



goodreads...

The Dire Wolves Chronicles continue...

After you have sacrificed your freedom what else is there to lose?

Mary Anne has given her word to Hunter that she’ll stay as his mate, but every second she spends with him takes her further away from Gage when he needs her the most.

Caught between love and duty, Mary Anne discovers that her troubles are just beginning, and that sometimes love comes at a great price.


My take...

I rated this book 4.5 Stars but when leaving my reviews on sites such as Amazon, goodreads, etc… I round to the next highest star.
**

I will be the first to admit that I wasn't gaga over the first book of this series, DIRE. But with DUSK I found I really liked it. I enjoyed where the story was going and was happy to hear the mention of The Society. A lot happens in this book that gets the story moving forward.

I also found myself really liking Hunter this time around. Not for Mary Anne, but just in general. We are learning more about him and that helped with how I felt about him. I still liked Gage just as much as before and I still felt the same about Mary Anne. I liked her but wasn't in love with her. I will say that towards the end, I liked her a little more than before. She becomes a little easier to relate to.

The book ends on a fantastic note of uncertainty. There is so much tension between The Society and the Dires, it brings on that special excitement for what is to come. I am looking forward to seeing how Ivy will resolve it all and conclude this series. It’s anyone’s guess at this point! 4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment