February 11, 2015

Review: VERUM by Courtney Cole

Title: VERUM

Author: Courtney Cole

Source: eARC from author for review


goodreads...
The truth shall set you free.

My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.

My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.

Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.

The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.

I’m entangled in the darkness.

But the truth will set me free.

It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.

Are you scared?

I am.


My take...
But the strange feeling, the odd thought, lingers with me.
He's dangerous.
I'm unsafe.
And he has found me.
What a strange thought.
But then again, I'm a strange girl.
***

So you have read NOCTE and now you are deciding if you should read VERUM. That’s why you are checking out the reviews…right? Well, I am going to be brutally honest with you…this book will do you in. You will be go back through your thoughts…and reevaluate mentally everything you have read. You know when you finished NOCTE, how you thought you knew what was going on? You thought you had a good feel for what was to come? Ha! Yeah. You don’t. You never did. You prepare yourself now.

VERUM is just like NOCTE…chalked full of the nutty. Sure it starts out pretty tame. But only for a short while. Then it gets weirder and wilder as the book continues. And towards the end you are in full blown “WTH” mode. You are left shaking your head at the end wondering what the crappy crap you just read. Of course you loved what you just read…you just have got to come to terms with what you just read. Once you finish, be sure to give yourself a few minutes, hours…days? To come to terms with what you just read. Trust me…you will need it.

I mentioned in my review of NOCTE that Cole is some sort of genius. And she is. But after another amazing read I am beginning to think she may also be a bit off her rocker. Yes, I mean that in the best way possible…how else would you explain, not one, but two books wrote so mind blowing-ly awesome? I am still in utter shock. I cannot wait to get LUX and get all the answers my soul so desperately seeks.

5 Blow Your Mind Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read Nocte yet, but these look like some really beautiful books and I need to try them. The plot sounds great and like the reader is left wondering about everything in the best way possible!

    ReplyDelete