March 7, 2015

Interview with Heather Diemer, Author of WE WERE US & ALWAYS US #LittleRockBookJam

I wanted to introduce you to an author who will be attending the Little Rock Book Jam in July. (See below for more info). I am so excited for this event because it is in my home state of Arkansas!! Make sure you check it out and be on the look out for more interviews from the attending authors. 

Heather Diemer is the author of We Were Us and Always Us. A story set in the fictional Kansas town of Riverview. Follow Jenna down a bumpy path of love, sacrifice, heartbreak and self discovery.
Heather lives in the in the picturesque Flint Hills of Kansas with her husband and two children. If she's not reading or writing, or thinking about reading or writing, you can find her outside with her camera capturing the beauty of everything around her.


*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
Right now, I stay at home with my kiddos. I’d probably be playing with Barbies. Or Elsas because we have every Elsa ever made


*5 years ago: what were you doing?
Five years ago I was very into sewing. I made anything and everything whether it was functional or not. I still like to sew, but I don’t nearly as much as I used to.


*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
It’s kind of spastic. I have to hurry up and write while I remember what I want to say. I have endless pages of notes and notes on my phone about ideas. Half of which I forget about. Somehow the book gets written and I pray it makes sense.


*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
Character development. I know in my head how the character should be, but it’s been difficult for me to convey that on paper. I mean, I could just tell you that Jenna is tall with brown hair and green eyes. She’s compassionate, loves animals, and is afraid of spiders. But how fun is that to read? I’m still new to this writing game and still learning. I’m just grateful that readers have given me a chance and read my books.


*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it?
Colleen Hoover. I met her at a signing. I was totally nervous. I highly doubt she remembers. But she was super nice and just smiled as I bumbled around and told her how much I loved her.


*Is there an author you'd like to meet?
JK Rowling. I was in England last summer and was convinced I’d meet her in a coffee shop or something.


*Biggest writing pet peeve?
When the characters change their minds. I never understood how writers always said that their characters talked to them. Now I do, and it’s maddening. I have several story ideas and I completely overwhelmed myself last fall and almost just gave up. But I refocused and told everyone to shut up lol.


* Do you read other's reviews of your books?
Yes……


Fun Five:
I love coffee
I’ve watched the entire Friends series at least 10 times
Belle is my favorite Disney Princess
I like coconuts
I like to play dominoes


Fav Color
Purple and Turquoise


Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with?
Luna Lovegood


Fav food
In my third grade diary I said burretos 
Still true but now I spell it Burritos


Fav song and/or singer
My Girl by The Temptations and I’d Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf



Guilty pleasure
Funny Cat Pictures

Visit www.heatherdiemer.com for more information and to keep updated about me! 

When Jenna returns to the small town she was forced to leave over a year ago after her drug dealing mother was found in bed with the mayor, she wasn't sure what to expect. She is perfectly content waiting out the summer alone until she can return to college in the fall.
What she doesn’t expect was to rekindle her relationship with Josh.
Josh doesn't judge her like everyone else does and never did. He gets her. When he shows up at her door every night just to see her, Jenna opens up to him like she’d never been able to before. And the more time she spends with him, the more she realizes she is falling for him.
When someone in town spots the two of them together, rumors fly and her already uncomfortable existence in the town takes a turn for the worse. Jenna realizes she'll never belong here and decides to leave and never look back. Josh convinces her to stay because there is something that she doesn't know--something that could change everything.
 


Now that Jenna has finally closed the chapter on her life in Riverview, she is looking forward to the new school year and starting over. New apartment, new classes, new boy, and no drama. That is until Josh starts calling and texting her nonstop. Jenna just wanted to be done with Riverview and Josh after he broke her heart all over again. 
But when Josh’s hourly calls and texts suddenly stop, Jenna becomes concerned and does the one thing she swore she’d never do—return to Riverview. What she discovers, is something that will change mind and change her heart.



Click on the banner below to visit the facebook page. Or go HERE to buy tickets to the event. 





No comments:

Post a Comment