April 28, 2015

Interview: Rachael Brownell Author of HOLDING ON and Co Author of DARK BISHOP #UtopYA


*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author? I was a restaurant manager for the past 10 years so I imagine I would still be doing that. I just recently stepped down to have more time with my family and more time to write.

*5 years ago: what were you doing? My son will be 8 this fall so 5 years ago I was still trying to figure out how to be a working mom. The thought of having a writing career hadn't even crossed my mind I was so busy. It wasn't until he started school that I even allowed it to be an option. 

*Do you have a certain writing ritual? Sort of. I always have something sweet close to me. Either a cup of coffee, candy, etc. Also, I don't even open my file to write until I have music blasting in my ears. I have to block everything out.

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? ***knock on wood*** I haven't had much harsh criticism YET. I know it will happen. So far, it's all been from reviews, editing and such, and that's being taken care of right now. I was traditionally published in the beginning and the publishing house didn't fix all the errors in those books so I'm having them reedited.

*Is there an author you'd like to meet? I've met so many amazing authors... The one person I haven't met that I would be honored to meet would have to be TK Leigh. I've reread her Beautiful Mess series twice.

*Biggest writing pet peeve? When work calls and interrupts my flow. I've learned to turn my ringer off.

* Do you read other's reviews of your books? I do. Good or bad I can't help myself. I've learned that the bad reviews can teach you about your writing and the good reviews can make you smile when you get down. I try not to dwell on either and focus on the next book.

Fav Color - green

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with? - oooh! I'm thinking Travis Maddox.

Fav food - junk or candy, pretty much anything from those categories. Red Vines are my absolute fav and they sell them in a 4 pound tub at the grocery store.

Fav song and/or singer - I'm just starting to get into this group called Halestorm - they rock! My fav of all time is Brantley Gilbert. I have an unnatural infatuation with him, says my fiance.

Guilty pleasure - coffeehouse coffee. I can't help but stop if I drive by.



Rachael Brownell is the author of both YA and NA Romance. Her titles are available on all platforms. If you would like to know more about Rachael or her work, she is active on most social media sites or you can always drop her an email. She loves to hear from readers.




For five years Becca has been struggling to hide her feelings for her best friend, Brad. Now she finally has a chance to move on. She’s in a new city, she’s attending a new school, and she’s met the first guy besides Brad who’s held her attention in a long time. Not only is Ethan attractive, he’s an amazing tennis player, and he might just be Becca’s match on and off the courts.

Brad has loved Becca for as long as he can remember. Now that Becca’s family has moved two thousand miles away, Brad may finally be ready to lay his heart on the line and do whatever it takes to hold on to Becca.

But is Brad too late? Or will Ethan’s secret drive Becca back into Brad’s arms? Torn between her love for Brad and the promise of something new and exciting with Ethan, Becca has an almost impossible choice to make, the choice between letting go or holding on.
 

Get it FREE!!


A Serial Series by Rachael Brownell & Casey L Bond

The Dark Bishop serial series is comprised of five parts, similar to episodes in a television mini-series. Each part builds upon the last, so it’s recommended that you read them in order. Dark Bishop is appropriate for those above the age of eighteen as the books contains adult content and language.


Releasing 4/29/2015
Price: $0.99

Part 1: Pawn
A dangerous game has begun.
“Sydney, order up for table two!”
Who knew the road to Hollywood would be so glamorous. I’ve been working in this diner for months. My feet hurt. My arms ache. But slowly, I’m putting money away. I’ll get to California. I refuse to wind up like my mother. 
Head down. Work hard. Save money. It’s all going according to plan, until Jake Bishop walks in to the diner…
In his game, everyone’s a pawn…
“Can I get you anything else, gentlemen?” she asked with a smile.
I had to touch her. I had to have her. Girls like Sydney are rare. And I will make her mine—whatever the cost. No one will get in my way.
…and he’s never lost a game.





No comments:

Post a Comment