May 16, 2015

Interview: Angel Lawson, Author of FANGIRL

Angel Lawson lives with her family in Atlanta and has a lifelong obsession with creating fiction from reality, either with paint or words. On a typical day you can find her writing, reading, plotting her escape from the zombie apocalypse and trying to get the glitter out from under her nails.



*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author? I own an art studio and teach classes, camps and hold birthday parties on the weekends. I've been a working artist in one way or the other for about 16 years. Before that I was a social worker. 

*5 years ago: what were you doing? hmmmm...I was just starting to write and knee deep into fandom (which gave me the inspiration to start writing seriously). 

*Do you have a certain writing ritual? Quiet.

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? Honestly I would love more constructive, writing based criticism, but I hate hearing about editing errors. I have to rely (and pay) editors to clean up my work because it is definitely not a skill I possess. 

*Is there an author you'd like to meet? Austin Kleon

*Biggest writing pet peeve? Not a fan of insta-love.

* Do you read other's reviews of your books? Sure. I like hearing what people have to say. I'm not afraid of goodreads or reviews. I think this definitely comes from being part of an active fandom. Funny though, one blogger did give one of my books a pretty bad review. Hilariously, they had the review on a constant re-tweet cycle and it would show up in my twitter notifications every other day as a constant reminder. I did have to unfollow them! It wasn't helping my self-esteem
Fav food-Candy

Fav song and/or singer- hmmm...I don't know. I run a lot so I'm always looking for new pop music that fits my pace. Right now everything on my ipod is bugging me.

Guilty pleasure- gossip blogs. I know too much about stuff that doesn't matter.



TWITTER  BLOG  FACEBOOK  GOODREADS  

Be sure to check out the authors other reads at AMAZON

I read WRAITH by Lawson almost 3 years ago. You can read my 5 star review HERE


Ruby Miller has her summer all planned out. Sitting by the pool. Babysitting for some extra cash. Packing for college. All of that changes when a fan video Ruby and her best friend, Iris, create goes viral gaining their little fansite a ton of hits and the attention of the big wigs in Hollywood. 

Ruby and Iris fall into the world of actors, movie sets, teen stars and elusive artists. Not only is their friendship put to the test when Ruby's cast in the lead role of the newest zombie flick, she must straddle the line between fiction and reality, love and lust, and being true to herself.


AMAZON  GOODREADS  B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment