May 21, 2015

Interview: EMILY CYR, Author of THE LIGHTNING PROPHECY & PUSH AND PULL


Emily Cyr is a stay-at-home mom turned writer. She holds a degree in middle grades education with certification in English and social science. She has always had a love of all things paranormal and fantasy, but it wasn't until Emily's husband said the words, "Why not?" that she considered putting her thoughts and ideas into the book, The Lightning Prophecy. This trilogy was just the start for Emily. It seemed to open a creative door that had been locked. 
Emily has always been an avid reader. Through reading came her love of writing. The more she read, the more she knew she wanted to create her own world. Many of her first works were fan fiction.
Emily and her family currently reside in Jacksonville, Florida. She has an incredibly supportive husband who is also an Officer in the United States Air Force. They have two sons, ages 2 and 4. Somehow, even with the demands of being a parent to two little boys, she finds time to escape to her fantasies and write them down. 
Emily currently has two series out, The Lightning witch Trilogy and The Vampire Favors Series.

*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?
Well, I have a degree in middle grade education so, maybe teaching. But, if you ask my son he would say he wants me to be a dinosaur or dragon. So, I feel like I have options. 

*5 years ago: what were you doing?
 I was pregnant with my first son. And, to be honest, I was kind of lost. I didn't have a whole lot of direction. I was still trying to find out just what I was meant to do in this world. 

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?
 Absolutely, I write at Starbucks 90% of the time. And, I must have music. I create a playlist for each book. I cannot write with out some kind of white noise. And, at the end of each book I publish the music I used to write it. Each book has a completely unique and different playlist. It's fun to see fans make connections between the music and the book. 

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
 I was writing a scene for The Lightning Prophecy and was bouncing idea off my husband. I got an idea that I liked and wrote it. I let him see it and he hated it. He said I was being cliche and needed something fresh. At the time I was irritated because I liked the scene and it worked. Well, the truth was, he was right. I changed it. (Lord help me if he ever sees that I admitted he was right)

*Ever fangirled over another author? Who was it?
 Karen Marie Moning for sure. I adore her books. One time I posted on my Author page about her new book burned coming out and her personal page liked it. Boy I had to collect the remains of my former self. I was a hot mess. And, I may or may not have a screen shot of it...

*Is there an author you'd like to meet?
Other than Karen Moning it would have to be Patrica Briggs. Her Mercy Thompson series really was what sparked my desire for writing fan fiction and now having books of my own. 

*Biggest writing pet peeve?
 Over using the word had. See what had happened... I cannot stand it! Drives me batty! 

* Do you read other's reviews of your books?
 Every last one posted on Amazon, yes. Goodreads? No. While I love every bit of feed back I get Goodreads can be a little much at times, so I stay away. 

Fav Color
Aqua. But, only because penguin printed isn't technically a color. 

Fictional Character you'd like to spend the day with?
Jericho Barrons... For so many reasons...

Fav food
I love tacos. Give me a good taco and we can be best friends for just about ever. 

Fav song and/or singer
Right now Hozier. I love his song, "angel of small death and the codeine scene." Haven't heard it? Go look it up. You'll thank me later. 

Guilty pleasure

Sigh, I am mildly obsessed with the show, naked and afraid. I can't help myself. 


fb- https://www.facebook.com/EmilyCyrAuthor
Twitter- @emilycyrauthor

Delaney Hagen’s power to control lightning is unique, even among witches. That uniqueness has caused her to run and hide from her kind - and the other supernatural beings in the world. Finally, after years of running, she feels safe enough to settle down. But her life’s calm is completely destroyed when her best friend is murdered. Delaney teams up with the mysterious and sexy Reid Jamison to figure out just what is going down in her world. Delaney will have to make a choice between her life and love. Will she be the product of a prophecy or will her fate be changed?Reid Jamison knew this case wouldn't be easy. But, with the money the Coven was throwing at him, how could he say no? When he met Delaney Hagen, his whole world began to unravel. Faced with a prophecy, murders, love and betrayal, will Reid be able to hang on to this new world? Or will it slip away?


Book 2 The Lightning Legacy will be out July 30th


Seven years ago, Addison Fitzpatrick found herself in a bit of a bind. In true Addison-fashion, she'd angered a drug dealer; she may have “forgotten” to pay him. Just when it was time to pay the piper, she was offered a way out by an unlikely being. Cannon Blackwood, master of vampires, made her an offer she couldn't refuse. Now, Addison owes Cannon three favors. 
Seven years after that fateful meeting, just as Addison’s life is getting back on track, Cannon calls in one of the favors she owes him. There is a new drug that threatens the very existence of the vampire race and Cannon needs Addison, along with his brother Lachlan, who happens to be a professional thief, to steal it and destroy any evidence of it. 
Not only is the future of the vampires on the line, but with both Cannon and Lachlan vying for her attention, her heart is as well. Addison has difficult choices to make and dangerous favors to repay if she wants to see the light of another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment