June 10, 2015

Review: TERMINAL by JL Bryan

Title: TERMINAL 

Author: JL Bryan

Source: an eARC from the author


goodreads...

Ellie Jordan and her apprentice Stacey investigate a house in an elaborate planned community that was only half-built before it went bankrupt, leaving an instant ghost town with only a few residents. The entity haunting this house is a banshee that feeds on sadness and misery.

Unfortunately for Ellie, this is no simple haunting, but just one symptom of the cursed land on which the suburban community was built. The old railroad line running through the nearby woods might just be a conduit for lost souls, including dark spirits with ill intentions toward the living. Ellie soon finds herself facing one of the most complex and difficult hauntings she’s seen in her career.


My take...

This series is one of my all-time favorites. I cannot get enough of the creep factor that Bryan pens throughout. It keeps me on my toes and has me freaked out to the point of not wanting to get up in the middle of the night for anything.

That being said...I wasn't as creeped out with this book as I was with the previous 3. In fact I thought this one ran a bit slower for my taste and what I have become accustomed to with the series. Did that have me hating the story? Absolutely not. The story did pick up for me but it came towards the very end of the book. Still, I loved it enough to rate it 4 stars.

I think the reason I liked this one so much is because there is supposedly a light that floats down the train line in a town here in Arkansas. Way back in college we took a road trip down there one night trying to see the Gurdon Light. Did we see it? Nope. Was it still fun and spooky? You bet. So that is why this story still had me eagerly reading to see how it all turns out.

Once again, I am looking forward to more from this series and more with Ellie. If ever someone wants a recommendation of a fabulous series dealing with ghosts and the likes, this one will be the first one out of my lips. I adore the storylines, the characters, and the well written stories. A definite must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment