July 29, 2015

5 Star Review: TEMPTING FATE by Brinda Berry

Title: Tempting Fate

Author: Brinda Berry

Source: ebook from author for review



goodreads...

When two worlds collide, it can only be fate.

Collin knows trouble when he sees it. A beautiful girl crashing into his car? She should be flashing a neon DANGER sign. He knows better than to get involved with a fresh-faced babe who could break his already-tattered heart. After graduating from college, he's on track to start over in a new place. He's discovering what he wants from life, away from the shadow of his overbearing father and the betrayal of his cheating ex-fiancé.

Veronica's home life morphs from trailer park to homeless after a bloody fight between her brother and her ex. She's on the run from a situation that promises to be deadly. Without a home, money, or friends, she's at Collin's mercy.

Fate brought them together. Will a secret from her past tear them apart?


My take...

Fate keeps bringing Collin and Veronica together. And no matter how hard either one fights it, they start to see that you cannot defy fate. Obviously this new relationship is meant to be. Everything about it feels right. But Veronica is bound and determined to put as much distance between herself and Arkansas as she can. She has a past there that she doesn't want catching up to her. So as soon as she has enough cash and a way out of town she is gone. Long gone.

I was so happy with this book the entire time I was reading it. I love seeing that spark between these characters even when they cannot. I love seeing their chemistry grow, even when they think they know what’s best. Now, while I didn't connect much with the characters of the first book, I definitely felt more of a connection to Collin and Veronica. Mostly Veronica. She is from a small town in Arkansas after all. Just like me.

Berry did another fabulous job, if not better, with this one. I loved the romance, which is always a must with me and any book. And once again, Berry had the growing relationship perfectly paced and just the right amount without it feeling overly saturated. I just loved it. I also adored the relationship that bloomed between Collin and Veronica and was glad that they didn't fight it too much into the story. They are such a cute couple and I gladly rooted for them the whole time.

Perfect storyline, adorable characters…that is what I call one heck of a book! Not to mention, I was left with a need to read more from this author. She is one of those you want to gobble up everything she has out. 5 Wonderful Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment