July 21, 2015

Interview: Lilly Avalon, Author of the Newly Released UNEXPECTED {Teasers}

Lilly Avalon has a book that is releasing today! YAY!  Lilly has already released books in the Erotica genre but has now ventured into New Adult with UNEXPECTED. Please give a warm welcome and check out her answers. Then be sure to check out her book!

*What would you be doing right now if you were not an author?

I honestly don't know! Writing is a creative outlet, so I'd find some other form of creativity to occupy my time. Probably something artistic or crafty.

*5 years ago: what were you doing?

Working. Lol. It's true, though, I was working a lot. I was only dabbling in writing at that point, coming up with ideas and scenes, but nothing serious.

*Do you have a certain writing ritual?

I'm a night owl, so you'll usually find me writing at night right before I go to bed. For my latest release, I wrote most of it sitting on my bed. Then did most of the revisions sitting on my living room couch. Sometimes I'll have a snack nearby, but it proves to be more distracting than helpful. I'll just sit there popping M&Ms in my mouth instead of typing!

*What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?

Oh wow, that's a hard one. I can't think of anything specific, but my author friends and beta readers are always honest with me when they read my work for the first time. One of them tells me everything like it is, but always prefaces it with an apology. I tell her that she doesn't need to worry--I'm glad to get the criticism because it makes my writing better.

*Is there an author you'd like to meet?

ALL OF THEM. Hahaha! Oh, I'd just love to meet an author that I've read period, doesn't matter which one. I'm going to my first author event next year and there are a few that I've read and loved, including one that I've known for years before she became an author. It's going to be a very exciting day for me.

*Biggest writing pet peeve?

When I'm trying to find the perfect way to word something and I just can't figure out the phrase or word that will do it. I have to tell myself to move on, otherwise I'll be wasting precious writing time. Sometimes it's difficult to keep going when it's on the tip of your tongue, but I've discovered that coming back to it next day is the best option. It's still mighty annoying, though!

* Do you read other's reviews of your books?

Yes, even though I probably shouldn't. When you're a newbie author, you're extremely curious what people think of your work. And when you read a five star review, it makes you giddy as a schoolgirl. I LOVE that feeling--it's a good boost and makes me want to keep sharing my words with the world. The downside of reading reviews is that not all of them are five star reviews. I've found that one and two star reviews put things into perspective, though. Reading is subjective and I appreciate it when someone takes a chance on my work, even if they didn't like it, and I'm appreciative of their honest review.

Fav Color -  Pink!
Fav food - Tiramisu
Fav song and/or singer - Ellie Goulding

Guilty pleasure - Reading



Ever had one of those days? Alina Lyons is having one. Everything keeps falling apart and going wrong. Just when she thinks it couldn't get worse, it does. After a case of mistaken identity and a broken heart, she finds herself questioning the things she thought she knew. She wonders who she can turn to or trust anymore.

An unlikely bond with her former best friend's ex, Ryan Wilcox, sends her life in a new direction. He offers her a place to stay while she gets her life back on track. His friendship is exactly what she's been missing—what she's been needing. Alina's never felt this alive. As time goes by, the dynamic of their relationship becomes more than either of them expected. A few innocent kisses could lead them in a new direction, but are they prepared for what's on the other side?

Only one way to find out.

*Unexpected is a standalone new adult novel*
 






1 comment: