July 3, 2015

Top 10 Then & Now: Mireille Chester, Author of CROSSOVER

A couple weeks ago I wanted to see if some author's answers would change if they happened to be interviewed a couple years later. So far, most have the same answers with a few peppered here and there with new answers. Mireille Chester doesn't seem to be any different. But it is always fun to see. Check out her interview and then her book CROSSOVER.

Then: April 2012

1. guilty pleasure?
I’d have to say that my guilty pleasure is McDonald’s...  Seriously, I’m addicted.  If I don’t have Mickey D’s at least once or twice a week, I swear, I go through withdrawals. 
 
2. 1 book you could read over and over?
I really can’t pick one because it’s not possible.  I have two that I love equally.  The Lord of the Rings and the Outlander series.  I’ve read both at least ten times each.

3. fictional character you would love to spend the day with?
Oh, god… Just one? Ok, I’d have to say Pippin from Lord of the Rings.  I’d love to see Middle Earth and Pippin would be the one that would be the most fun to do it with.  He’s hilarious, carefree, a bit of a goof.  We’d travel the land, stopping in at all of the inns and pubs, ordering pints of ale and eating good food.  Yeah, definitely Pippin.

4. one thing you cannot leave the house without?
My cell phone.  I’m lost without it.  I am constantly checking emails, facebook, twitter, and if I have a bit of time waiting for something, it’s connected to my kindle so I can keep reading.

5. fav song/singer?
Right now my favorite song is I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz.  I don’t really have a favorite singer.  I like pretty much all types of music.

6. hobby?
Drawing, painting, and horseback riding when I get the chance.

7. fave movie/actor and or/actress?
For my favorite movie I’d have to say Boondock Saints.  I can watch that one over and over. (I’m a sucker for Irish accents).  My favorite actors (I can’t pick one) are Norman Reedus and Bruce Willis.  My favorite actress is probably Milla Jovovich.

8. one place you would love to visit?
Ireland/Scotland.  Ok, that’s two places, but the slash sort of makes it one. :D

9. fav food?
Steak Neptune 

10. pet peeve?
People who don’t train their dogs.  I’m a dog groomer so I’ve seen my share of misbehaved dogs.  I could probably write you a ten page rant on this, so I’ll stop myself right now. Lol


Now: July 2015

1. guilty pleasure?   Sour Patch Kids

2. 1 book you could read over and over?  The Hobbit

3. fictional character you would love to spend the day with?  Doctor Who (either 10 or 11 will do. Lol)

4. one thing you cannot leave the house without?  Cell phone

5. fav song/singer?  Thinking out loud/Ed Sheeran

6. hobby?  gardening

7. fave movie/actor and or/actress?  Boondock Saints/Bruce Willis/Scarlett Johansson

8. one place you would love to visit?  The British Isles

9. fav food?  Steak


10. pet peeve?  People who complain all the time

Mireille Chester is a stay at home mom of three children and wife to an amazingly supportive husband. Her time is spent playing with the kids, reading, writing, and watching movies with her hubby. 

Mireille is a fantasy author who loves to spend time in made up worlds filled with magic. She is a firm believer that no hero is perfect and that all villains are burdened with a tiny shred of humanity. While she writes her Adult and YA novels under the name Mireille Chester, she is now writing a middle grade series under the name M.G. Chester.

Adult: 
The Chosen One Trilogy (Crossover, Journey, Destiny)
The Witteck Chronicles (A Witteck's Dream)
Angered Seasons

Young Adult: 
Tales of Quelondain
Knights of Dorathan

Middlegrade:
Faerie Dreams (Dreamwalker, Lady of the Lake)



Twenty-three-year-old Hayden Carlson never led an exciting life, but that was how she preferred it. She never expected that an innocent trail ride in the woods would change her life forever. 

Suddenly, Hayden is pulled into a world she never knew existed and discovers a future awaits her there she isn’t prepared to accept...until she meets the mysterious Jasper. Drawn to his quiet, conflicted spirit and entranced by his blue eyes, Hayden finds herself experiencing feelings she has never felt before and wondering where all this might lead. 

Hayden’s presence in Quelondain creates tension. Amidst constant danger, she finds true love and through it all determines where she will take her stand in the conflict her arrival ignites between good and evil. 

If you love fantasy, action, and romance, Crossover-Book One in a debut Fantasy Romance trilogy by Mireille Chester—is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment