October 11, 2015

5 Star Review: COUNTER CLOCKWISE by Elle Strauss

Title: Counter Clockwise

Author: Elle Strauss

Source: eARC from author for review


goodreads...

High school senior Casey Donovan is in trouble. Again. If only she had trusted in Nate’s loyalty when he traveled to Spain with his college basketball team – despite the accompaniment of the cheerleading squad and Fiona the Floozy who’d made it super clear she wanted Nate for herself. Then she wouldn’t have made that impulsive trip to Hollywood and let Aiden do that stupid thing that threatened her relationship with Nate, and triggered a trip into the past. Only something is wildly wrong. She’s not in the 1860s like she should be. It’s 1929. And she didn’t come alone.


My take...

Once again I end another book by Strauss with a smile on my face. Well, sort of. That little cliffhanger of an ending sure had me railing. But I am just so in love with this series and where it has taken off since I first started it almost 4 years ago. Wow! I can't believe it has been that long ago. But this series is amazing and such a wonderful read.

I have loved Casey and her quirky adventures back into 1860's. But this time it is different. This time things go from bad to worse in the blink of an eye. And not just in her time travel life. Things fall apart for Casey in her present time life, as well. Anything that can go wrong...does go wrong...and Casey isn't sure how to turn it all around.

I will say that I wasn't too happy with Casey towards the end. I found her to be a bit flippant with her attitude at times concerning Nate and the trouble between them. I think she got a tad spoiled to him over the year and half they were together and just thought that it would all work out in the end without considering her actions. Does it work out? Guess you'll just have to read it, won't ya?

This new journey that Casey partakes in definitely amps up the storyline and gives fans of the series a fresh route to venture out on. I am excited for what is to come in CLOCKWORK CRAZY. There is no telling what is going to happen and I for one am ready! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment