October 5, 2015

5 Star Review: A VERY PROPER MONSTER by Elizabeth Hunter

Title: A Very Proper Monster from Beneath a Waning Moon

Author: Elizabeth Hunter 

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

In A VERY PROPER MONSTER, Josephine Shaw spends long nights filling the pages of her Gothic stories with the fantastic and the macabre, unaware that the suitor her father has arranged is one of the dark creatures she’s always dreamed. For Tom Dargin, courting an ailing spinster was only one duty in a long life of service to his sire. But after he meets the curious Miss Shaw, will Tom become the seducer or the seduced? Can a love fated to end in tragedy survive a looming grave?


My take...

Something about her nature spoke to him. She was, despite her proper upbringing, an outsider by nature and circumstance. A caterpillar in a world that was not ready to see the butterfly she might become.
***
Each time I crack open one of Hunter's books; I become so caught up in the world in which she writes. And when I finish, I long for more of that world and more of the characters. Same holds true for this book as well. The words are such a lyrical delight on my mind. (I cannot be the only one who thinks this, am I right?) Oh yes, Hunter's writing absolutely consumes me.

I adored reading about Tom and Josie and all that they faced in this short story. It is hard to believe that so much happens in such a small amount of time. But I can promise you will experience all the feels. Josephine is quite the character; a wonderful leading lady that will have you smiling in all that she does. Tom is who he is. An amazing guy that makes up for his unexceptional looks with his exceptional charm. I think that is the only way to put it.

If you are in need of a quick visit back to the Elemental world that Hunter has created, this book is exactly what you need. 5 Most Excellent Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment