November 21, 2015

5*Review: LIFE AFTER FALLING by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Title: LIFE AFTER FALLING

Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

One tangled cassette tape. Two tangled lives.

Cassidy snaps. She quits her job and fiancé all in the same day and ends up on her parents’ doorstep. In the midst of everything she is determined to fix a broken cassette tape that she thinks holds the key to rediscovering happiness.

On her quest to fix the tape she meets Leo, a guy as down on his luck as she is lost. What starts with curiosity leads to something resembling a relationship and maybe a chance at love.


My take...

Cassidy has just up and quit her fiancé and her job and pretty much life all in one day. So she is packing up and moving back home without so much as a call. When she starts going through all her old items from her past, she finds a mixed tape that sets her future into motion. She just doesn't know it yet.

I really, really liked this book. It was the perfect read for me at the most perfect time. Nothing flashy. Nothing popping out and going "BAM!" Just a really good, quick book. I am not sure what to really say about it but I liked it and recommend it and hope you pick it up and give it a go.

I really enjoyed Cassidy. I wasn't overly in love with her character but I got her. She had a dry sense of humor and very monotone lifestyle. I am not sure if this is how she was before her life changed, or if her circumstances had made her this way. I want to think the latter. But either way, I dug this girl and her story.

I would love to see a story emerge from her brother and his girlfriend. I see a storyline on the horizon and hope that is the direction Ivy is going. Either way, 5 Stars from me for this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment