November 26, 2015

5*Review: WAKING HEARTS by Elizabeth Hunter

Title: WAKING HEARTS

Author: Elizabeth Hunter

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

When everything you’ve longed for is standing right in front of you, would you find the courage to chase it when you’ve given up on dreams?

Fox shifter Alison Smith gave up on happy endings when her ex-husband walked out, but that didn’t mean she was allowed to give up on happiness. With four growing kids, Allie is determined to look on the bright side and carry on, even when life seems to keep kicking the girl who’s fallen down.

Four kids, two jobs, and a pile of debt left over from her ex seem overwhelming most days. Luckily, Allie has the best friends a girl could ask for. Especially a certain quiet bear who’s always been her rock.

Patient. Oliver Campbell knows what it means to be patient. But twenty years of wanting one unavailable woman may have pushed him to the edge. With Allie working every night at his bar, their friendship has begun to fracture.

Then old ghosts offer one more kick to the little family that’s already down, and patience is a virtue Ollie can no longer afford. Allie’s ex-husband may be gone, but his actions are haunting his family. With danger licking the borders of Cambio Springs, the bear and the fox will have to work together. And twenty years of unspoken truths may finally come to light.

WAKING HEARTS is the third paranormal romance novel in the Cambio Springs Mysteries series.



My take...

“I love you,” he said simply. “I don’t remember a time I haven’t loved you, Allison Smith.”
**

Allie Smith thought that if they ever found Joe her life would get back to some sense of normal. At least she hoped it would. Never did she imagine the hell she would find her family and herself in- all thanks to him and his shady past. But when Ollie steps in, stress soon fades and life becomes a bit more tolerable. At least a little bit.

I cannot believe how much the overall arc of the story has evolved over the last few books. We've gone from learning about the residents of Cambio Springs in the first book to each book linking together in one way or another. And this one just added the intrigue and suspense even more; really upping the ante. It pulls a bunch of old characters back in and even a few new ones. It has you wondering if maybe you knew the answers all along and just didn’t realize it. I love a book that has me thinking the whole way thorough.

And I wish I could say that I loved one book over the other in this series, but it is just not possible. Each book offers something wonderful that the reader grabs on to and remembers long after the book is done. Well, that is how it was for me. I think back to certain characters or certain scenes and remember the feelings that book gave me. But I will say that this book was something special to me. I adored Ollie so very much. There is something about a big, burly guy with a heart of gold that has me melting.

When asked what one of my favorite shifter books or series is, this series is the first to come to mind. Hunter nailed the shifter/ supernatural genre when she took this project on. It's magical. It's fantastic. It's hot and romantic. I cannot get enough. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment