February 6, 2016

5* Review: Love & Decay: Revolution, Epi 5 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love & Decay: Revolution, Epi 5

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: kindle from Amazon

AMAZON  B&N


goodreads...

It’s not easy being a badass Zombie killer. But somebody’s got to do it.

Page Parker and family have survived the worst of their journey back to the former United States. They managed the Darien Gap and fought their way through Mexico City. But now, on the brink of Revolution, they’ve made one last stop in the Mexican Territories.

Hoping to find an ally in an old friend, they walk into a volatile community fighting more wars than they have Zombie armies for.

But it’s not just cannibals and Colony scouts they have to fear. There are internal battles that have to be fought too.

When Page learns more about Miller’s dark side, she has to confront the reality that maybe he isn’t the hero she thinks he is. Maybe he’s more like his father than she ever thought possible.

Love and Decay: Revolution is a Dystopian Romance Novella Series about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. Every episode is approximately 20,000 words long and released every two weeks. Look for Love and Decay: Revolution, Episode Six coming February 19th, 2016.


My take...

There is more to this life than death. More to living than decaying. This life I fought for was beautiful. And this world I fought for soul-moving. The freedom I would soon fight fore would be worth it. The family I fought to protect deserving.
***

Over the past several months, the Parkers have been inching across South American and Mexico. Every day coming closer and closer to their mission; to their destiny. With every place they encounter, memories wash over them. Some good, some bad. But through it all, Miller has been by Page's side. With this one particular stop, the past gets drudged up and Page realizes she may need him more than she cares to let on. And at the same time, the same could be said for Miller in needing Page.

Fantastic episode. I love seeing all that happens as the get closer to the colony and Matthias. With everything so uncertain at all times, you can bet one thing for sure… emotions and tempers are going to flare, life and death decisions are going to be made, and, zombies are going to be inevitable. It’s a given. Life goes on…even in the decaying of death with some.

***
It wasn't that I didn't want to be close to Miller again or touch him or talk to him or open up to him. I just didn't trust him. Miller had been my world once upon a time. He had been my only friend and my only confidant. He had been the only thing in my life that wasn't family. And I had cherished him...worshiped him...counted on him.
The he disappeared and I was left alone for the first time in my life.
***

In this episode we see another layer of Miller we are not used to seeing. He is scared. For many reasons. And some of those reasons broke my heart. I hate seeing him hurt and scared for what is about to unfold. Especially for him. Higginson, please don't torture our boy too hard and too long. I am not sure my heart can take it.

Great episode. Engaging story. Now give me more! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment