February 23, 2016

5* Review: WHISKEY PRINCE by Toni Aleo

Title: Whiskey Prince

Author: Toni Aleo

Source: ebook as a gift from author



goodreads...

Take a risk.
Do something drastic.
Fall in love.

When Amberlyn Reilly loses her mother, her whole world comes crashing down. Having been caretaker to her for most of her teenage years, Amberlyn is inexperienced in many aspects of life. She hasn’t had time to live, have fun, or enjoy even the little things. It’s only when a letter from her mother, asking her to fulfill three things, sends her off to Ireland to live a life she never thought possible that she begins to heal.

Declan O’Callaghan was born and raised in Ireland and has his family’s legendary whiskey in his veins. He’s shy and not a fan of the pressure and spotlight that comes with his family name, or the title he was given at birth—the Whiskey Prince. Declan knows just what he wants and that is to take over the family dynasty, but when his father gives him an ultimatum, everything he’s worked for could come undone in the blink of an eye.

With six months to get married, the reclusive Declan spots Amberlyn across a lake and instantly feels the need to know her. Soon, the two find themselves traveling down a path neither expected. However, like any road, there are bumps and side streets to derail them. Can Declan help find the pieces that will make Amberlyn whole again? And will Amberlyn stay or run when she learns of Declan’s deadline of marriage?


My take...

I started this book somewhere around the late afternoon yesterday and ended up reading it all the way through by late that night. I think I finished sometime around midnight. I haven't done that in a long time. And it felt good to be held captive once again by a fun and amazing read with minimal pit stops.

Aleo gives readers a great book that has you falling in love right along with the characters. The storyline, which in the end could have been a stuffy and predicable read, was anything but. I found it quite unique and the characters entertaining and endearing. I honestly thought one of the characters was going to do something brash and end up in a lot of trouble. So yeah, the story held a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming.

When the book first released back in 2014 the cover alone had me wanting to read it. Then of course, when I read the blurb, I knew I had to. But life and book reviews got in the way. I really wish I hadn't put this one off because it was just that good. But I inhaled it quickly and look forward to continuing the story with the next book, BECOMING THE WHISKEY PRINCESS. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment