February 9, 2016

Review: THIS WOULD BE PARADISE by ND Iverson

Title: THIS WOULD BE PARADISE

Author: ND Iverson

Source: ebook from author for review



goodreads...

In a world where a virus has spread turning most of the population into flesh eating monsters, there are two friends partying it up in New Orleans when the infection hits. Far away from home, they are trapped and trying to make sense of all that has happened with the help of new friends and enemies along the way. Zombies aren't the only thing to fear...


My take...

Bailey is just waking up with the worst hangover ever. Mardi Gras will do that to a person. But after nearly being eaten by a person down in the hotel lobby, Bailey is starting to wonder if maybe she had more than just drinks last night. What in the world is going on? As her and Zoe manage to seek out answers and get out of New Orleans, they realize it will be a fight for their lives. A fight they may not win. Or survive.

I tried to like the main character, Bailey, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I could never figure out how her and Zoe were friends when she treated Zoe like crap. Bailey tried to come off like she is this sarcastic person. But there are funny sarcastic people...then there are the rude as crap sarcastic people. And Bailey was the latter. The kind of person no one likes to be around. I just didn't like her and I didn't connect with her.

Other than my feels (or lack thereof) for Bailey, I did enjoy the story. It's zombies after all. But I felt the characters had it a bit too easy at times finding supplies and getting around. I just don't think in an apocalyptic world things will be that easy. But I still enjoyed the author's telling of what she thinks will happen in a zom apoc.

In the end, it was a good story and had me hooked pretty much the entire book. It had me wanting more when I was away from the book and it gave me a hard time when I had to set it down. I look forward to seeing what will happen in the next one and hope everything works out for everyone. At the moment it is not looking very. 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment