April 6, 2016

5* Review: Love & Decay: Revolution, Epi 7 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love & Decay: Revolution, Epi 7

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

It’s not easy being a badass Zombie killer. But somebody’s got to do it.

They did it.

They finally made it.

Page Parker and family are finally inside Colony territory and closer to fighting Matthias Allen than ever before.

But first they have to reunite with Luke.

And when they do, he and the Resistance are nothing like they expected. Nothing like what they hoped for or counted on or anticipated.

The Colony is the greater of two evils however and so these two allies must team up to wage a war that will change the landscape of their post-apocalyptic world forever.

A war that is closer than they realize.

Love and Decay: Revolution is a Dystopian Romance Novella Series about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. Every episode is approximately 20,000 words long and released every two weeks. Look for Love and Decay: Revolution, Episode Eight coming April 8th, 2016.


My take...

Another mind-blowing kiss chased his deep laugh and I wanted to forget about the mission completely. I wanted to give up on Matthias Allen and the Colony and the entire Zombie Apocalypse and just kiss this man for the rest of my life.
***

The Parker's and their entourage have finally made it all the way to the US of A and found Luke. Now that they have united and made introductions, trust will be the next step both parties will have to overcome and agree upon. Because right now, neither have it for the other. And Page will have to prove herself to Luke and his crew. Over time, he has pegged her as a pampered princess. Only she is about to show him just how wrong he is.

I am a horrible L&D fan. It took me forever to read this book. I kept falling asleep as soon as I started it. But not by any fault of its own. Oh heck no. This book was amazing. Absolutely amazing. It’s just that I have a very active (and walking) 1 yr old I am chasing after all day long. So it is taking me a lot longer now days to read a book. I'm pathetic. But once I really started and dug in there was no stopping me. I devoured this book with wonder and intrigue. What the heck is Page setting herself up for? This cannot end well for at least one person. I just hope it’s not who I think it is. Got you wondering? Better get on it then.

Right along with the Parker's, I didn't trust Luke. I wanted to. I needed to. But it just wasn’t there. This is not the same young boy we used to know. Time and death has changed him and hardened him. I want to believe that as this series progresses we will be able to gain some trust for him and his crew. It is just going to take some time.

Action, romance, and intrigue. 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment