TOP 5 FAVOURITE QUOTES EXPLAINED (FROM SUPERNATURAL FREAK)
1) “Never underestimate a bookworm”
These words are said by Gock, a shapeshifter and a scholar who works in a sort of supernatural library (cannot say more because of spoilers). He can turn into a giant bird of prey and feed on demon flesh. During an epic battle, he surprises everyone with his fighting skills, since he’s a real kick-ass librarian. Again, I wanted to go again stereotypes and show that a bookworm can also be brave and have a strong personality (think about Hermione Granger!) so please don’t underestimate us!
2) “ “Run!” Mr Wilson growls, getting worryingly hirsute. He has a point. A skinny girl in her twenties is no match for a werewolf, and I don’t think that telling him I’m a dog person would make much of a difference.”
This is Robyn speaking at the beginning of Supernatural Freak. She’s alone, in the middle of nowhere with a client who’s turning into a bloodthirsty werewolf, yet she still has the gut to crack jokes. Robyn is actually really tough and never gives up. She’s not underestimating the danger, be sure of it, humour simply helps her finding her courage and go through all sort of bad, BAD supernatural stuff.
3) “I slip into a Japanese dressing gown William kindly left for me on the bed. It has a blue iris and a bunch of humming birds printed on it. This is right on cue since meeting an accredited lawyer wearing my Donald Duck pyjamas would have been a problem.”
OK, Robyn is nerdish and doesn’t even know what sexy lingerie looks like.
4) “I read once that each snowflake is unique. No two are alike. In a world plagued with globalisation, one can well say that snowflakes are the last tenacious individualists.”
Robyn and my book are all about being yourself and be proud of who you are, no matter how hard it can be. No wonder my heroine admires the uniqueness of snowflakes!
5) “ “May I point out that it is highly illegal, and of course very dangerous, to bring to our plane any creature from the underworld? Above all, a black goblin!” Susan frowns inquisitively. “May I point out that you’re a royal pain, sis?” James snaps back. “I’m an unregistered wizard, remember? The council kicked me off the wizard register long ago which means that I can now do whatever I want…”
“Yes, unless you get caught,” his sister interjects.”
And we come to James and his attitude. James is a charming wizard with a very particular relationship with Robyn: They deeply care for each other, but believe they’re only best friends. Now, some evil, super-powerful supernatural guy is trying to kill Robyn and, although she wants to work things out on her own and tell her friends to stay out of it, obviously they don’t listen and descend into the dangerous Underworld, searching for information. They emerge having captured a nasty black goblin which, as Susan points out, is very illegal. But James doesn’t care, since he really, TRULY hates rules and authority, especially when coming from the Wizard Council (he has a very good reason to hate the Council, you can find out in Supernatural Fog). Plus, as I said, James cares for Robyn a great deal and he’s ready to do anything for her.
Well, here we are! Hope I managed to intrigue you, at least a little bit! Thank you so much for the hospitality!
Louisa Klein lives in the UK but was born in Germany and brought up in Southern Europe by a German dad and an Italian and French mum, which made her a little confused at first. She has a degree in Medieval Studies and a postgraduate one in Marketing. She’s been working in publishing on and off since she was 17 and currently is a freelancer and an Urban Fantasy writer. At night she puts on a mask and fights British crime. She gets very little sleep.
Blog Tour Organized by: