June 8, 2016

5*Review: DREAM MAGIC by Michelle Mankin

Title: DREAM MAGIC

Author: Michelle Mankin

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

The dreamscape is a place of magic and mystery and meaning. In that nocturnal realm, ideas, images, sensations and emotions drift on the currents of the unconscious mind.
Morpheus the Dream Falcon is most at home in that domain. By night, the one of a kind winged immortal soars on those winds, observing and sometimes even entering the slumbering thoughts of another. By day, he is a highly sought after mercenary feared by his immortal kin for both his unmatched ferocity and his wicked obsidian talons. None of his prey escapes him.
Cecilia Ramirez y Aguilera is the one he truly wants. But the striking oracle of the Court of the Light Immortals is closed to the handsome outlaw, even in her dreams. Broken by unimaginable losses, the seer is but a slave, subject to the whims of a master who is mad and without mercy.
Drawn together by fate, their impossible passion ignites. But will that be enough given the dangerous secrets each keeps from the other? Or will mistrust and the desire for revenge threaten to unravel the powerful magic that binds them?


My take...

After almost putting down book 1, STRANGE MAGIC, but finishing it....AND LOVING IT, I was eager to start DREAM MAGIC. I went in thinking we were going to get Morpheus, Billy and Thyme right off the bat. Not so. But I was quickly pulled into the story, learning all about Cecilia. I knew this information was going to only aid me in knowing who she was and help me understand her and her cause later in the book.

In part 2 of the story we are once again reunited with the cast we grew so fond of in STRANGE MAGIC. So much happens in part 2 and if I explain what all does, it will give so much away. It is better to read the book and find it out for yourself. Yes, this is definitely one of those books you can’t say a whole lot about or its secrets are ruined. I will say it is fast paced, romantic, and suspenseful all rolled into one.

But this ending was one of the most heartbreaking I have read in a long time. I have become so invested with these people and to see this happen? My heart!! I very much look forward to the next book in the series. Thankfully my heart will have time to recover before it releases.

Wonderful and captivating, this book was everything to me! 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment