June 30, 2016

5*Review: EDGE OF CHAOS by Molly E Lee

Title: Edge of Chaos

Author: Molly E Lee

Source: Bought eBook on Kindle




goodreads...

Blake Caster has been in an emotionally abusive relationship with Justin for so long, she can’t tell what is normal anymore, and so she clings to the one thing that is solidly hers—her passion for extreme weather.

Three years into her Meteorology degree, Blake meets professional storm chaser, Dash Lexington, who is as gorgeous as he is daring. Instantly recognizing her passion and skills in analyzing weather data, he makes a spot for her on his tight-knit storm chasing team. Dash and Blake form a fast friendship and it forces her to realize just how toxic her relationship with Justin is. She can’t deny the lightning-worthy chemistry she has with Dash or how her heart stalls every time he gets too close to a tornado.

With each chase and the cherished moments with Dash, Blake discovers her own self-worth and gains the strength to end things with Justin for good. But he won’t go easily. As Blake tries to sever ties with one man, she fears she’ll lose the other to his dangerous obsession—and she doesn't know if she’ll be enough to save him from the impending storm that could end them all.


My take...

Sirens blared in the distance, a faint sound of warning. I hoped it was early enough for everyone to get to safety, and then I prayed the storm would stay out of the populated areas. I realized, for the first time, how extremely close we were to it, and every nerve in my body sparked with ice.
"Here is comes," Dash said, his voice excited as he held the camera up.
He was right.
He was always right.
***

I cannot say what initially lead me to Molly E. Lee. It may have been the gorgeous cover or it could have been a friend gushing over the awesomeness of her debut book. But once I read the blurb I can honestly tell you THAT is what lead me to buy it. I am a huge weather nerd. I love tracking storms but only from the comforts and safety of my home. I am not one for chasing because I would probably crap myself if I were to see a tornado in its churning, twisting flesh. (Just telling it like it is.) But you better believe when the weather is active, I have my radars pulled up on my computer or phone, tracking all the storms.

I also follow a bunch of chasers on Facebook and have been known to fangirl over meeting a local meteorologist. After seeing my hometown in Arkansas take a direct hit not once, but twice in 3yrs, I really wish I would have studied to be one instead of partying it up in college. Oh well, live and learn.

Now enough geeking out over storms. Let’s talk about the book, shall we? So the minute I started this book I was intrigued. I knew stuff about storms was coming and with the way the book started out, I wasn’t sure how it would come into play. So by the time it did, I was so wrapped up in Blake’s turbulent life and her growing friendship with Dash. Who knew that a storyline, weather excluded, could pull me in so quickly (lol) I kid, I kid. But yeah, I was smitten with these 2 from the start and their beautiful friendship. You could see it across the pages they cared for one another, even though they couldn’t and wouldn’t cross that line to something more.

I inhaled this book rather quickly on a day road trip. Something out of the norm for me. I am not the quickest of readers anymore since Little Miss graced us with her presence 18mths ago. But this book grabbed me and took me on a ride (chase). I absolutely loved it. I couldn't get enough of it. I had to breath every last word in.

The weather terminology had me geeking out. The romance had me swooning. The plot had me hooked. I adored this book and everything about it. And the fact that this was a debut book for Lee? Wow! Just wow!! Cannot wait to find some time very soon to read the next book in the Edge series, EAST OF REDEMPTION. 5 This Book Has Blown Me Away Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment