January 6, 2017

5* Review: KALEIDOSCOPE by Mindy Hayes #FreeRead #Freebie

Title: KALEIDOSCOPE 

Author: Mindy Hayes

Source: ebook from Amazon FREE


goodreads...

“Was I still a human? Gosh, I still wanted to be human. Even just to keep a sliver of who I thought I was. But as I thought about being human, standing in the shade of the forest, I felt less human than ever. The trees fought for my allegiance."

It starts in her chest. The change Calliope doesn't see coming. It pulses like a second heartbeat, urging her to give in to the need to be in the depths of the forest. She's compelled to fight the pull, but the more she denies it the stronger it becomes until she finally surrenders and is pulled into a secret world of enchantment.

Kai and Declan need her to accept what she is, but with everything left unsaid, acceptance may be the least of their worries. Knowing their fate lies in her hands, they’ll stop at nothing to protect and prepare her for what lies ahead.

Will Calliope be able to accept what Kai and Declan reveal or will her desire to be normal keep her from acknowledging her true destiny?


My take...
This is the first book by Hayes that I have read (besides Paper Planes and Other Things We Lost that she co-wrote with Michele G. Miller...which I absolutely adored!) But I must say, I really loved this book. It did take me a few chapters to get warmed up to it. Even with some of the new revelations Calliope had in her life, I felt the story was just going a bit slow for my liking. But once at the half way mark, it really took off and I was in absolute love with the storyline and the characters and where it was all headed.

I couldn't make my mind up who I loved more between Kai and Declan. Yes, I know that she loved Cam and has for some time, but he just didn't do it for me. When compared to Kai and Declan, he came off childish.

I look forward to reading more of this series and see where it goes from here. Confession...I may have read the blurb to book 3 already and got myself a wee bit excited. So I really need to get done with the books I am currently reading and get going with the rest of this series.

5 Full of Amazing Stars!


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, shame of your for cheating and looking ahead! It's such a fun series <3

    ReplyDelete