March 7, 2017

5* Review: ARV-3 by Cameo Renae

Title: ARV-3 

Author: Cameo Renae

Source: Kindle ebook



goodreads...

The beginning of the end. The Apocalypse.

A nuclear fallout wiped out every living thing on the planet, except for a few thousand of us who took shelter in underground bunkers across the globe. Now, after thirteen long years, we were finally able to return to the topside to begin to rebuild.

We thought we were alone. We were never more wrong.

Before the fallout, scientists had worked on creating an anti-radiation vaccine (ARV). The first two attempts failed, but despite the incomplete tests and results, the government approved and distributed the third serum to the masses in an effort to aid those who had no shelter.

It worked, keeping those who remained on the topside alive, but it also altered and mutated them. This new and infectious threat had completely outnumbered us. Now, we not only had to rebuild our planet. We would have to fight for it.

My name is Abigail Park. I’m seventeen, and this is my story.


My take...

The world around us was desolate and bereft of life. Death in its many forms, was waiting.
Our journey had just begun. We just needed to survive until we reached our new destination. The safe zone, over s thousand miles away in Montana.
***

Living below ground for 13 long years, it is now time for Abigail and her family to go top side. They need to see if they can make it to another shelter, in hopes that they can restart earth and get her going again. What they didn't expect to find was the survivors who lived through the nuclear fall out and what they had become.

I have had this book for quite some time, over 2 yrs to be exact. I think I got it back when the author put it on for free. I guess you can say I am late to the party. So anyhow. I was in dire need of a really good, zombie'ish book to read. And let me tell you, this book did not disappoint. It was so good and kept me quickly reading. I loved all the twists and turns that the characters were faced with and had to endure. It kept me on my toes and feverishly reading.

There is some sweet romance that added to the story. Because if you know me, I like me some romance. But it wasn't too much that would turn those away who are not entirely fond of it themselves. I guess I would say, all of it was perfectly portioned!

Great story, lovable characters, and of course...zombie'ish fiends. This book hit the spot and I look forward to reading more of the series. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment