April 20, 2017

5* ARC Review: UNTIL IT FADES by KA Tucker

Title: UNTIL IT FADES

Author: KA Tucker

Source:eARC from Netgalley

Est Release Date: 6/27/17



goodreads...

Twenty-four-year-old truck stop waitress and single mother Catherine Wright has simple goals: to give her five-year-old daughter a happy life and to never again be the talk of the town in Balsam, Pennsylvania: population two thousand outside of tourist season.

And then one foggy night, on a lonely road back from another failed attempt at a relationship, Catherine saves a man’s life. It isn’t until after the police have arrived that Catherine realizes exactly who it is she has saved: Brett Madden, hockey icon and media darling.

Catherine has already had her fifteen minutes of fame and the last thing she wants is to have her past dragged back into the spotlight, only this time on a national stage. So she hides her identity. It works.

For a time.

But when she finds the man she saved standing on her doorstep, desperate to thank her, all that changes. What begins as an immediate friendship quickly turns into something neither of them expected. Something that Catherine isn’t sure she can handle; something that Catherine is afraid to trust.

Because how long can an extraordinary man like Brett be interested in an ordinary woman like Catherine…before the spark fades?


My take...

Ever come across a book that captivates you from the blurb alone? Or maybe it was the most beautiful cover ever? Well that was UNTIL IT FADES for me...the blurb, not the cover. Although the cover is so stunning and gorgeous. But I just knew when I read the blurb I was done for. Tucker has always written such wonderful, addictive stories, so I knew this would be no different. From the first few words I was under Tucker's spell. Besides chores, family time or sleeping, those were about the only times I put this book down. It was excruciating to walk away from it when reality called. And once I got to the end, I delayed finishing it; knowing that it would be over and done with it. And I didn’t want that. Not one bit.

Honestly, I don't know how to describe what I am feeling from this story. It wasn't one that was full of "Holy Heck" moments or "Gut you to the core" twists, but it just resonated with me. That is all I can think to say. It resonated with me, it spoke to me, it consumed me. It was just a good, good book. One you want to read over and over again. One I will definitely be reading again.

Tucker gave us a couple characters that we the people could relate to. A single mom who just wants to give her daughter the best possible life with the hand they've been dealt. A super-duper star Hockey player, that even with his wealthy upbringing, has been given a second chance to be better than the already amazing guy he was. Not one ounce of the story seemed fake or unrealistic. It just felt real and right and I absolutely loved it.

Was there romance you ask? Of course! How could there not be? Tucker gives the characters (and us) a fairy tale romance…one that has you at times wondering if it will work out. You get the swoon. You get the butterflies. You get everything you are supposed to get when the chemistry is so intense between the right people. It was beautiful and fun. And I am still thinking back on it all after closing the book nearly 24 hours later.

I mean, seriously. Here I am, still drowning from the book hangover this book gave. Last night I went through numerous books trying to find something new to read. Something to pull me from the stupor I was stuck in. A stupor that clearly means this book was utterly and completely amazing. But, sigh! I came up empty. So I gave it a night before I started something new. A night to marinate in the goodness of this story. Maybe, just maybe I can find something tonight.

5 Wish I could rate this book all the numbers Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment