April 26, 2017

5* Review: LOVE & DECAY: REVOLUTION, Epi 9 by Rachel Higginson

Title: Love & Decay: Revolution, Epi 9

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: bought on kindle


goodreads...

It’s not easy being a badass Zombie killer. But somebody’s got to do it.

Page Parker survived the Zombie infection when she was a child, but can she survive it the second time around?

After risking her life to save others, Page wakes in a new place with new rules. Luke is not the man she expected him to be and his Underground of Colony survivors aren’t anything she expected either.

Tensions between her family and Luke’s people run tight, while the Parkers decide their next move in their effort to take down Matthias. But nobody is more on edge than Miller Allen. After nearly losing Page, he’s more overprotective and possessive than ever.

Not sure if she’s fully recovered from the infection or not, Page has to face a council that wants her dead and soothe her family’s frayed nerves at the same time. And hopefully keep Miller and Luke from killing each other.

With Zombies to hunt and wars to wage, in this apocalypse, there’s no rest for the Parkers.

Love and Decay: Revolution is a Dystopian Romance Novella Series about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. Every episode is approximately 20,000 words long and released monthly. Look for Love and Decay: Revolution, Episode Ten coming May 12th, 2017.


My take...

I wanted to reassure him I was fine, but I knew he would call my bullshit the second I opened my mouth. And besides, I no longer had patience for bullshit. Instead, I asked, "What would you have done without me?"
His expression didn't change. His body didn't move. He held my gaze and declared, "Burn this whole damn world to the ground."
I believed him.
***

We have had to wait over a year to find out what happened to Page. Would she be able to overcome a greedy death once again or would she finally rise as one of the dead? We get our answer.

When I say a book is worth the wait...this book was worth the wait!! Man have I missed this series! I absolutely love everything about it from the writing... to these amazing characters I have called family for so long now...smack down to the twists in the story and the tension that is infused within the pages. And especially the zombies. Love me some zombies!

And if I couldn't love Miller any more than I already do, he gives me a few more reasons to love him in this book. He is one guy you do not want to mess with when it comes to Page. Even when he tried to stay away, he would have still come out guns blazing if there was even a sniff that Page were in trouble.

I really felt for Page during this story. She is in a very difficult place physically and mentally. I just hope she can pull through quickly enough to end Matthias Allen once and for all. 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment