May 5, 2017

5*Review: CHASING CARS AND THE LESSONS WE LEARNED by Mindy Hayes & Michele G Miller #ComingSoon

Title: CHASING CARS AND THE LESSONS WE LEARNED 

Authors: Mindy Hayes & Michele G Miller

Source: eARC for review

EST Release Date: May 16, 2017

AMAZON PREORDER for 99cents!

goodreads...

On June 18, 1992, Flight 397 crashed off the coast of Long Island.

After Amber Pratt lost her parents, her life turned into a downward spiral. So, she did what any twenty-one-year-old would do; she quit her life to backpack across Europe.

Olle Holström was supposed to be a fling in the wilds of Finland. A detour. That is all it should have been.

It was so much more.

A Sweet Adult Contemporary Romance, this is the third book in the Paper Planes series. It can be read as a standalone but books 1-3 follow the members of one family and is best read together to get the complete tale.


My take...

“I need you to be a jerk so saying goodbye won’t be so difficult.” I lean into his palm, seeking his touch.
“I am sorry. I can only be who I am.”
**

Bear with me, this may take me a minute because this whole book had me on a ride that tossed me every which way with the emotions. But it was one of those rides you don't mind being on or tossed about while on. At one point I was ready to up and move to Finland just so I could experience half the things Amber did. It all felt so real and the book felt so alive.

I didn't think I would really care for Amber’s story. I didn't care much for her in the other 2 stories and to be honest, had it taken place in the US instead of abroad I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed it quite as much. But being in Finland, with a hot Finnish man, I quickly altered my precious way of thinking and began to open my mind up to her and her way of thinking. I realized I didn't know her very well and should have gave her the benefit of the doubt. It didn't take long into the story for a likeness to grow and I found myself soon after loving this girl and her character. She wasn't a bad person; just someone that made bad choices when she was younger. Haven't we all? I know I have, and really, this girl and myself were very, eerily similar in our teenage years. Yeah, I can admit that. And I turned out ok.

Then enters Olle.
Saving Amber.
Always saving Amber.

He is a fantastic man. A true blue, one of a kind guy. The kind that you better hang on to with all of your strength, because they don't make them like that anymore. And for someone that is living in the solitude wilds of Finland, he sure knows how to romance a lady. And a reader. He is still on my mind the morning after finishing this wonderful book. Swoon. Sigh. Swoon.

The last third of the book I stayed in a perpetual state of tears it seems. My heart is still recovering. My mind is still reeling. My feels are still churning. All from a gut wrenching twist these lovely ladies decided to throw in. One I never saw coming. Sure, it may have flitted through my head at one tiny blip in time, but I thought surely no. They wouldn't do that...would they? Mercy, this book shook me up!

In the end, I am still sitting here in awe of the beauty of this story and the brilliance of these authors. They told a tale that I would gladly hear over and over again. And gave me a romance that stirred my soul. I am shelving this one as one of this year’s most amazing reads and my favorite of the series. 5 Stars!!



3 comments:

  1. <3 "They wouldn't do that...would they?" You should know by now we love to break things! BUT we always put them back together ;)
    I'm always honored by your taking the time out of your life to read something I wrote. Thank you for this review. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said there about breaking things and putting them back together. <3 Always happy to read AND make time for anything the both of you write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap! I can't read this yet and judging by what the author just said I'm scared!!!

    ReplyDelete