May 3, 2017

5*Review: DON'T TALK! I LOVE YOU. by Shannon McCrimmon #kindlescout

Title: Don't Talk! I Love You.

Author: Shannon McCrimmon

Source: eARC from author for review



goodreads...

Recent college graduate Hadley Echols finally has a job. Her first priority - find an affordable place to live. She thinks it’s hopeless until she sees an ad that at first seems like a joke: “THREE MONKS SEEK ROOMMATE.” She doesn’t know anything about monks, only that her new roomies are on a vow of silence and only communicate via text. Then there’s the slight problem of her finding one of them irresistible. To make matters worse, her new boss might be Satan incognito and her ex-flame is back.


My take...

Starting a new job, moving in with new roommates, and running into your ex can be enough to stress anyone out when they happen at different times. But when your new boss is evil incarnate, your roommate is a hot monk with a vow of silence, and your ex wants to get back together... all of this happening at the same time? Well, you roll with it. At least that is what Hadley Echols does. She is just totally freaking out on the inside.

This book was not at all what I was expecting. I knew I would get some great writing, sweet romance, and an amazing plot full of goodness that only McCrimmon can deliver. And I got just that. All of that. Even more so. What I wasn't expecting was the feels, the funny and the quirky. It was a literary delight to my eyes and mind!! I don't think I quit smiling the entire time as I inhaled it in the moments I was able to read. And when I wasn't reading, I was relishing in the awesomeness that it is. Such a fun, entertaining book all the way around.

Hadley is such a sassy girl. I just enjoyed her so much. And throw in those silly monks and you have one of the greatest and funniest casts of characters ever. Yep, ever! Like I said up above, I never quit smiling. Even in the times that didn't call for smiling, Denny always had a way to bring a smile to my face. He is that sweet and that comforting of a friend.

Looking forward to more adventures with Hadley and Denny in the next book. No telling what kind of trouble they are bound to stir up! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment