June 15, 2017

5*Review: LOVE & DECAY:Revolution, Epi 10 by Rachel Higginson

Title: LOVE & DECAY, Revolution: Episode 10

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: bought on kindle



Goodreads...

It’s not easy being a badass Zombie killer, but somebody’s got to do it.

Page Parker has recovered from the Zombie infection that nearly killed her. Well, mostly anyway. She still feels the lingering effects of the disease in her blood and her current living arrangements aren’t helping.

The Parkers are technically safe in Luke’s Underground, but most of them are dying to get out. Safe has never been their goal. And while Zombies and Matthias Allen roam the earth, the Parker family wants freedom to hunt.

When an opportunity arises to scout Matthias’ capital city, Page and friends jump at the chance. However, their quiet, investigative mission quickly turns into something else and Page is left wondering if she was tricked. Not by Matthias this time, but Luke.

But if Matthias has his way, she won’t live long enough to find out.

Love and Decay: Revolution is a Dystopian Romance Novella Series about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. Every episode is approximately 20,000 words long and released monthly. Look for Love and Decay: Revolution, Episode Eleven coming July 7th, 2017.


My take...

I brought my family across continents, across worlds, for one purpose-to kill Matthias Allen. And that's what we were going to do.
We were an army.
We were a weapon.
We were the future of this country.
***

I am not sure why I waited so long after the release of this episode to read it. Most likely I knew that a lot would go down, a lot would lead me to epic feels, and a lot would have me begging for the next episode to come quickly. I also know that the end is nearing quickly and the fear of that is gripping. I have loved this series from the moment I happened upon it not long after Higginson released it ever so quietly. A release she never even made fanfare for in the beginning. To me, this has been my most favorite zombie series I have ever read. A series I know I will happily reread when it is all said and done just to experience the feels once more.

Page and Miller find themselves in a whole world of trouble. What's new, right? Only this time hope is dim and I am not sure the Parker boys will be able to swoop in a save the day. I honestly think that it will fall on Page and Miller to end Matthias once and for all. I truly think that when his end comes, and it is coming, it will be them that get to successfully end it. But I am looking forward to the battle that is about to throw down and I am looking forward to it happening Parker style.

Raise of hands...who else is loving and digging Page post-secondary zombie bite? She is feeling all out of sorts and definitely not human'ish. And I got to say, I love it. It's a dark, grittier version of her former self and a whole lot of grade A bad A**!!! Throw in a smidge of romance from Miller man and you have yourself one powerful punch of an episode. It was fabulous all the way around!

The end may be nearing, a battle is definitely brewing, and I am kicking back and getting the tissues in hand waiting for the emotions that are bound to spill from the next several episodes as we bring this zombie reign to an end. 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment