October 26, 2017

5*Review: UNDER DIFFERENT STARS by Amy A. Bartol

Title: Under Different Stars

Author: Amy A. Bartol

Source: paperback



Goodreads…

Kricket Hollowell is normally not one to wish upon stars; she believes they’re rarely in her favor. Well versed at dodging caseworkers from Chicago’s foster care system, the past few years on her own have made Kricket an expert at the art of survival and blending in. With her 18th birthday fast approaching, she dreams of the day when she can stop running and find what her heart needs most: a home.

Trey Allairis hates Earth and doubts that anyone from his world can thrive here. What he’s learning of Kricket and her existence away from her true home only confirms his theory. But, when he and Kricket lie together under the stars of Ethar, counting them all may be easier than letting her go.

Kyon Ensin’s secrets number the stars; he knows more about Kricket's gifts than anyone and plans to possess her because of them. He also knows she’s more valuable than any fire in the night sky. He’ll move the heavens and align them all in order to make her his own.

When everything in their world can be broken, will Kricket rely upon love to save her under different stars?

My take…

This is one of those books that I got only because of the cover. It is so unbelievably gorgeous!! Well, that and the fact that everyone who read it, loved it. That was 2 years ago. Fast forward to this past weekend. I grabbed it off my bookshelf and took it with me on our vacation so I could have something to read that wouldn’t require me using my phone and battery.

There was so much that I loved about this book. I will start first with the characters. Namely Trey. Trey was one of those that you meet at the start and you are not quite sure how he will end up truly being: alpha male, caveman, softy, gentleman? Yes to all of those. He was the perfect mixture. And I absolutely loved him. Here I am nearly 24 hrs later and cannot get my mind off him and this book.

***
Kyon’s fists clinch before he says, “Touch her, and I will make sure that not even your soul will survive.”
“If I touch her, she’ll have my soul,” Trey replies.
***

Kricket is one of my most favorite MC’s ever. She isn’t weak, but she isn’t so independent you want to roll your eyes because she so overly annoying and in your face. I loved her attitude and her witty humor. She was kind, yet fierce. She was bold, yet lovely. She is the kind of female lead I could forever read about.

***
“Your naïveté is so attractive,” Kyon says with a slow smile. “Try to hold on to it.”
My eyes narrow. “Your single-mindedness is creepy,” I counter, clenching my fists. “Try to lose it.”
***

UNDER DIFFERENT STARS was beautifully written and told to perfection. I adored the jest that was had in all the right scenes, breaking certain tensions. I was smitten with the build up of a romance that just may be one of my all time favorites to ever read about. I reveled in the story that Bartol created and love the world she gave us. A world we could see become reality before our very eyes just through her words and imagination. I cannot wait to dig deeper into this series. 5 Intriguing Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment