December 23, 2017

5*Review: INESCAPABLE by Amy A Bartol

Title: Inescapable

Author: Amy A Bartol

Source: KU

AMAZON  GOODREADS
Goodreads…

My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me–my freshman year of college. I’d been hoping that once I’d arrived on Crestwood’s campus, the nightmare that I’ve been having would go away. It hasn’t.
I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I’m grounded…sane. I look for rational explanations to even the strangest circumstances. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he’s near, I feel an attraction to him–a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you’re thinking…that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would be…if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I’m the worst thing that has ever happened to Crestwood…or him. But get this, for some reason every time I turn around he’s there, barging into my life.
What is the secret that he’s keeping from me? I’m hoping that it’s anything but what I suspect: that he’s not exactly normal…and neither am I. So, maybe Crestwood won’t be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I’ve been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is…inescapable.

My take…

"If you leave here, if you ascend to Paradise, or even if you’re cast into the abyss, or taken there by the Fallen… I will have to follow you, no matter where you go. Even if I have to pursue you into the dark… if you cease to be, then so will I. You are my sin and my redemption."
***

Much like the Kricket series by Bartol, I was quickly taken up with this one. I don’t know what it is about Bartol and her books, but I immediately become hooked on her amazing imagination, the stories she writes and the worlds she creates. And then there are the guys she writes about...love them. Like love, love, love them.

When I started this book, I didn’t read the blurb. I do that sometimes when I love an author. So I had no idea what or who it was about. And I gotta say that I adore a wonderful, well written book on angels. I did find that there was some...just some...areas that was reminiscent of Twilight. But it was all in good ways. It brought a smile on my face when I was reminded. It was all like a nod at a wonderful series that so many of us love and enjoyed.

Let's talk about Reed and Russell. I absolutely adored both these guys. Unlike her Kricket series which took some time for me to warm up to Kyon..like book 3. But with this book, I instantly loved them both and darn near equally. I probably would have been happy with whomever she chose from the 2. They both cared for her very deeply. But all in all, my heart is with Reed the most.

INESCAPABLE was full of action, full of romance, and full of some really, really hot guys. The story is incredible...the writing is magnificent...and the characters were all, well, heavenly. I loved this book so much, that I promptly started on the second book, INTUITION before I could even jot down some thoughts for my review.

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment