December 29, 2017

5*Review: INTUITION by Amy A. Bartol

Title: Intuition 

Author: Amy A. Bartol

Source: KU



Goodreads…

I don’t open my eyes so I can’t see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I’m alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?


My take…

I will not be able to play to his softer side because there is no soft side to him. If he wants something, then he takes it. He feeds on humans, uses them, and then kills them without a hint of remorse. I’m probably a trophy- a prize to him. If he turns me, I will lose my soul, along with my humanity, and I will become a Gancanagh Seraph: a truly evil half-breed-Reed’s enemy.
The game is back on now and it is to the death...his or mine.
***

This one started out a bit slow for me. I also thought there was a lot of scenes that had a bit too much dialogue for my taste. But once it did pick up it stayed steady until the very end and I loved every bit of it.

Something new we got with this book was Russell’s POV. At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about this. I mean, if anyone were to get a say, shouldn’t it be Reed? With this series I am 100% Team Reed. Now don’t get me wrong, I like Russell. He’s a great guy. I just don’t feel he is the one for Evie. But I will say that I really, really enjoyed getting his take each and every time.

From one craziness to the next, I was blown away by Bartol’s ability to keep me hooked throughout this book. There was action, intrigue, and of course there was toe curling romance.  I loved it and quickly started the next one in the series.

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment