February 26, 2018

5* Review: CONSEQUENCE by Rachel Higginson #MustRead

Title: CONSEQUENCE

Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review

Releases Feb 27, 2018


Goodreads…

Consequence, the conclusion to Sayer and Caroline’s epic love story

Five years ago, I escaped a dangerous life I had always wanted to leave. I got away. I found freedom. But it cost me the love of my life.

For five years I lived in hiding, protecting my most valuable secret while Sayer Wesley sat in prison paying for both our sins. I promised to love him forever. I promised to never leave him.  

I broke my promises.

Five months ago Sayer found me.

Five weeks ago, I was forced to face my past.

Five days ago, someone took my daughter. They kidnapped her in order to make Sayer and me suffer. I will do anything to get her back. Even if that means coming clean to Sayer, letting him into my life and introducing him to our daughter.

All I wanted was to protect her from this life and now she’s right in the middle of the chaos. Sayer is the only one that can help me. He’s the only one that can get her back.

But it might mean losing him again.

Fifteen years ago, I fell in love with Sayer Wesley. Now I must pay the consequences for falling in love with a con man.


My take…

My review may contain spoilers if you have yet to read book 1, CONSTANT.



“I’m going to kiss you now. You might be afraid of me Caroline, but you’re also still very much in love with me. You need to be reminded of that.”
***

From the moment I finished book one I was craving more of Sayer and Caro. I was in dire need of having to know what would happen next. We were left with a pretty huge cliffhanger with Juliet being taken and Sayer finding out he has a daughter. Where the next book would go was up in the air. Everyone, even the readers, were left on a ledge of unknown.

Even though Sayer and Caro got “together” at the end of book one, the kidnapping of their daughter put a lot of things on hold. Their feelings, where they stand with each other, even the status of their relationship...all on hold until they can get her back safely. From there they would have to wade through a whole lot of secrets, a mountain of lies, and a deep and buried hurt they both have been carrying the last 5 years. Can they even trust one another? Will they be able to work through their past to make a future even possible? So many questions and not enough answers.

I, for one, am actually sad this series is done. Like super sad. I love mafia type movies, so having a book with a mafia storyline was icing on the cake. And I know we have heard Sayer & Caro’s story, but I would happily read more from the secondary characters: Frankie, Gus...heck, I even want a story on Cage. They all have stories to tell. Gimme, gimme.

A captivating storyline that had me on the edge of my seat, an alluring romance that pulled at each and every one of my heartstrings, and amazing characters I never want to give up (ever)...CONSEQUENCE was that one story of 2018 I couldn't wait to get my hands on. And I wasn't disappointed. Higginson nailed this story with incredible writing and romance centered around a love that never gave up. A forever kind of love. It was absolutely marvelous. 5 Brilliant Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment