March 3, 2018

3.5* Review: MORE THAN SURVIVAL by Kate L. Mary

Title: More Than Survival

Author: Kate L. Mary

Source: KU


Goodreads...

Lucy was just nine years old when a deadly virus swept the country, killing most of the population and turning them into zombies. For the past eleven years she’s lived in seclusion with her Uncle Seamus, a prepper who was more than ready for the end of the world. 

But all of Lucy’s skills are put to the test when Seamus disappears, leaving her to face the harsh winter on her own. 

Sawyer went into the mountains to escape his past, and when stumbles upon Lucy in the middle of a blizzard, he doesn’t think he’s ready for the responsibility having another person in his life will bring. 

Only, Lucy isn’t as helpless as she first appeared, and as they brave the long winter together, Sawyer will soon come to learn that even at the end of the world, there’s more to life than just survival. 



My take...

I wanted to love this story. Because zombies and romance. My two favorite things. But there wasn't no zombies. No walkers, no biters, no nothing. There was romance however. And it was really well done. But it still wasn't enough to make me fall in love with the story. 

In fact, as we are nearing the end...it just ends. Like one second they are talking about what they were going to do in the future and then...nothing. I would find this ok had it been a cliffhanger and more was to come in the next one. But the next book seems to be about someone else. Now if I do end up reading the next book and I see that they do resurface, I may change my rating. But I am not sure I want to start the next one. I invested my time wanting to know about these folks and feel a bit jipped. 

MORE THAN SURVIVAL is a well written book and had promise to be even amazing, but in the end it fell short for me. I rated this book 3.5 stars, but I always round up to the next highest star.


No comments:

Post a Comment