March 7, 2018

4*Review: BOYS SOUTH OF THE MASON DIXON by Abbi Glines

Title: Boys South of the Mason Dixon

Author: Abbi Glines

Source: Free on Amazon

AMAZON  GOODREADS

Goodreads...

The only thing hotter than the weather South of the Mason Dixon line are the boys. Worn, faded blue jeans, slow Southern drawls, and those naughty moments in the back of pickup trucks a girl never forgets. 


Welcome to the world of the Sutton boys. 



Five brothers who fight, party, drink a little too much, but more importantly, they love their momma. Nothing can tear them apart… until the girl next door wins more than one of their hearts.



My take...

It has been forever since I read an Abbi Glines book. I am talking years. I saw this one was free so I grabbed it and started right away. Sure the storyline was good and a couple of the characters had charm. But guys! I just don’t know about this one. 


First off...the typos. Like silly-why didn’t you see these in your face- obvious-typos? They were steadily peppered throughout the story. I brushed it off at first, but soon it became expected and ended up annoying. Another thing about the typos...if several people mention them in their reviews, why did Glines not pull the book and clean them up? I expected so much more from her.



Secondly...it was predictable. The whole plot could be seen from the start and from there on out it was just...predictable. It held enough intrigue for me to want to keep reading. But yeah, just not sure how I am feeling towards this book at all.



I most likely won’t be reading the next one. I didn’t have enough cares or feels for Scarlet to even know how her train wreck/ cheating self turns out. 4 Stars? Maybe. I guess. I mean it did keep me up late last night. So, there’s that. For now, I will stick with 4 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment