May 16, 2018

4*Review: EVERY WHICH WAY by Calia Read

Title: Every Which Way

Author: Calia Read

Source: KU

AMAZON  GOODREADS

Goodreads…

Severine

I made a pact with my best friend that when we went to college neither one of us would fall in love. We were going to enjoy ourselves and this new adventure. She didn’t keep her side of the pact, but I was determined to.

Then I met Macsen Sloan.

He was quiet and kept to himself. He was nothing like his cocky, basketball star brother, Thayer.

Macsen

Severine Blake was like every beautiful girl — she crooked her finger, expecting every guy within a mile to come crawling. Not only that, but she was sarcastic, opinionated and sometimes a complete bitch.

We were polar opposites. I knew that, she knew that. But what gave me a second glance at her was that my brother was watching from afar.

He wanted this girl.

Yet she wanted me first.

Thayer

I saw her first.
She was at a party, dancing with some guy, completely oblivious that I was staring.

I knew nothing about her, yet I wanted to because I could see that her snark was just a front. She was hiding her true self.

I just never anticipated her falling for my brother.


My take…

After finishing THE SURVIVING TRACE, all I did was immerse myself in all things Calia Read. I stalked her social media sites and then immediately started this book. I love finding a new to me author. Don’t you?

EVERY WHICH WAY had my mind and heart going every which way. Just when I thought I loved one Sloan brother more than the other something would happen and get me all mixed up and turned around. I am not lying when I say I had a hard time picking a team and sticking to it. Well until the last half of the book. Soon it became obvious.

But I loved, LOVED Severine. That girl is hella funny and her banter is on point. She definitely keeps all those that love her on their toes at all times. While she does have commitment issues, the Sloan boys seem to find a way to whittle down her defenses. Her problem now is how to determine which brother she wants. Her mind tells her one brother, her heart tells her the other.

EVERY WHICH WAY was a bit all over the place with the emotions, but in the end it was such a good story. I look forward to reading the next one and seeing what the heck is up with Emilia. 4 Stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment