June 26, 2018

5*Review: CONFESSIONS OF AN ORGAN DONOR by Shannon McCrimmon #mustread #comingofage #playlist

Title: CONFESSIONS OF AN ORGAN DONOR

Author: Shannon McCrimmon

Source: eARC from author for review

Goodreads...

The last time Trip Wentworth saw the inside of a public school he was six-years-old. Sadly, he’s spent the last twelve years with a private tutor, living the life of a recluse. He wants to fit in, but it’s not easy being the only guy in school who has problems standing on two feet.

On his first day, he meets BB and Millicent, who help guide him through the social awkwardness of high school and give him a peek at what he’s been missing in the real world. It’s not long before his newfound friends ask him to do the unimaginable, and Trip readily accepts. Eager to finally take a leap, Trip and his duo of quirky friends embark on an outrageous mission. For Trip, the journey and their time together show him what it really means to be alive. 



My take...

You know when your instincts tell you to run for the hills? Yeah, that's what mine told me when I met her. But I still got sucked into her like a vortex. Bad pun, but Millicent is like that: she lures you in. You want to breathe the air she's breathing. Maybe being the most gorgeous, yet bizarre girl I've ever met has something to do with it. All I know is I wouldn't be sitting here with two trigger-finger cops if it weren't for her. 
***

I am sitting here going over and over in my mind what I want to say about this book, but everything I type doesn’t sound right. It doesn’t fit this story and the pure amazingness of it. And I cannot go too much into detail because it would absolutely spoil the fun that is this book. There is so much about it that I want you to find out for yourself as you pick this book up and dive in. 

CONFESSIONS OF AN ORGAN DONOR is a one of kind, coming of age story. We get a look into the life of a….ahh. See there? I cannot and will not say. It’s a big part of the book and that wouldn’t be fair to you for me to spill the beans. But I think you will love how McCrimmon masterfully created a character true to life and a story that doesn’t hold back. 

One thing I can say, is we get a smidge of a wink at some past characters from McCrimmon’s IT STARTED WITH A WHISPER. That definitely brought an instant smile to my face. 

Another thing I love is when a great book takes me by surprise and yells “GOTCHA!!!” I honestly never saw that plot twist coming. Maybe I should have. But probably not. McCrimmon did a fabulous job averting my attention and then skillfully weaving it in there at just the right moment. It was a hand that was brilliantly played. 

Come see why I adored this book, why I hated to give away the goods, and why I couldn’t get enough of these characters as they trapeze through their hilarious, life changing journey. You are going to fall so fast in love with everyone in the story...I can guarantee it. 5 Stars!

AMAZON (Free on KU)



“My Silver Lining” by First Aid Kit

“Everywhere” by Selebrities
“The Trip” by Still Corners
“Sexy Eyes” by Dr. Hook
“Fall Harder” by Shout Out Louds
“Outdoors” by Rad Planet
“Into The Great Wide Open” by Tom Petty
“Beginning To Blue” by Still Corners
“Wildest Moments” by Jessica Ware
“Tonight And The Rest Of My Life” by Nina Gordon
“Feel Alive” by Carpool Party

Shannon McCrimmon is the author of several novels, including The Summer I Learned To Dive and Kiss Me Hard Before You Go. She currently lives in Greenville, South Carolina with her husband and toy poodle. She'd love to hear from you. Connect with her at...

No comments:

Post a Comment