June 26, 2018

Now Live: THE PROBLEM WITH HIM by Rachel Higginson 5*Read!!



I'm over men. I’m done with them.
Or at least the ones that work in my kitchen. Fine, one man in particular. Wyatt Shaw is cocky and condescending and so far out of his element that he doesn’t know which way is up. Or how to run his brand new kitchen all by himself.
That’s where I come in. Sous chef extraordinaire. Second in command. Bane of his existence. I am the reason Wyatt’s doing so well as the new executive chef of one of our city’s most prestigious restaurants. He has me to thank for his glowing accolades and five-star write-ups. Only if you were to ask him, he’d say I’m his biggest problem.
Despite his discouragement and bullish behavior, I’ve set two goals for myself.
The first? I’m going to fight my way to the top of this male-dominated industry and claim my own award-winning kitchen.
The second? I’m going to do whatever it takes to ignore Wyatt and his rare smiles and the thickening tension that’s started to simmer between us.
Wyatt Shaw might be Durham’s new shining star. He might be up for a James Beard Award. He might be my new boss and key to my future success, but he’s also in my way.
So he can keep his smoldering looks and secret kisses. And he can be the one that figures out how to make it through service without getting distracted by me.
I’m not the problem. The problem is him.

Other Books in the Series (Can be read as stand alone books):




He was everything I shouldn’t want, like, or notice. Not because of the tattoos. Or even because of the piercings he’d removed once he’d been promoted. He was the kind of guy I should have been able to ignore entirely because of how opposite we were, because of how much we hated each other. 
***

I adored getting to know Wyatt a little more in his book. When we first met him in THE OPPOSITE OF YOU, he came off as this fun, mischievous boy running between a new friendship with Vera and his ever hard to please boss, Killian. His scenes were always entertaining. 

What I loved most was the intensity that popped and sizzled between Kaya and Wyatt. When they were weren’t sparring with endless cuts at one another, there was this live wire that kept them on their toes for the most part. I enjoyed the chemistry and the fire between them that made watching them fall for one another so quickly enjoyable. 

Now while I did like Kaya, sometimes her thoughts would run a little long for me at times. Definitely not enough for me to rate any lower than a 5 star read that this book absolutely deserves. She is highly independent and has worked extremely hard to get where she was and the payoff is a career she loves. She can be a bit abrasive but she had to in her line of work. To get to the top, you have to be the best. And she is one her way to being the best.

Wyatt on the other hand? What wasn’t to like? Sure he could be this harsh, overbearing, butt head of a boss. But we know him. He is Wyatt Freakin’ Shaw for crying out loud. And I adored him. Tattoos, buttheadedness and all. I adored him and all his scenes. I adored his sexy ways and his swoon worthy lines. Any girl would be crazy to turn down this sexy chef!!

Annnnnd we get another book coming out in this series this fall. *Throws confetti* More deliciousness. More seeing all our favorite characters. More Higginson amazingness. Yeah,I can handle that. 5 Yummy Stars!



“I’m impressed, chef. This is a good idea.”

His eyes sparked with the compliment, but his words surprised me. “You shouldn’t say that.”

That look was back, the one that had gotten me into so much trouble last night. One part confident, sexy man, two parts vulnerable and open.

“Say what?” I whispered.

“Chef.”

“But you are a chef.”

His jaw ticked. Anger, I thought immediately. But it wasn’t. It was something else. And now it had me questioning every single time I’d seen it before. “And I like it far too much when you remind me.”

I laughed a breathy, girly sound. I couldn’t help it. Now he was flirting with me? Opening up to me? Sharing his plans for the future with me?

“Wyatt, what are you doing?”

His Adam’s apple bobbed up and down as he struggled to swallow. My eyes tracked every second of it.

“I’m trying not to kiss you, Kaya. I thought that was obvious.”

Now it was my turn to nearly choke on my tongue. “You’re ridiculous.”

“You’re beautiful.”


No comments:

Post a Comment