August 4, 2018

4*Review: SANCTUARY by Pauline Creeden

Title: SANCTUARY

Author: Pauline Creeden

Source: Kindle 


Goodreads…
In a heart-racing thriller described as Falling Skies meets The Walking Dead, Jennie struggles to find a safe place for what’s left of her family. But it seems as though there is no place sacred, no place secure. First the aliens attacked the sun, making it dimmer, weaker, and half what it used to be. Then they attacked the water supply, killing one-third of Earth’s population with a bitter contaminate. And when they unleash a new terror on humankind, the victims will wish for death, but will not find it…When the world shatters to pieces around her, will Jennie find the strength she needs to keep going?

My quick take…
I was in need of a dystopian/apocalyptic read and remembered I had this one on my kindle. All and all, I really enjoyed it but wasn’t crazy about the Brad’s POV. In fact, I could have done without him altogether. What I did enjoy was the biblical aspect the author used all throughout. It definitely made it interesting.

I also loved the uniqueness of the story and it held my attention the entire read. In a lot of ways I thought of the movie (haven’t read the books) THE FIFTH WAVE. I saw at the end of the story there was planned a sequel, but I haven’t found it. There are however other books that look like they follow other people. I guess I need to read them and maybe find out what happened with these characters. 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment