August 16, 2018

5*Review: ALONE by Kate L Mary #zombies

Title: ALONE

Author: Kate L Mary

Source: KU for Kindle

Goodreads…

For the past two years, Jules has floated through life.

When the virus was released it changed everything about the world. Jules lost her mom and her home, forcing her to live with the father she barely knows. Now, even as society works to rebuild, Jules still feels like she doesn’t quite fit in.

Then she meets Roman.

Even before the zombies, he only had himself to depend on. Brooding and rebellious, Roman isn’t anyone Jules would have pictured herself with before the zombies came. But now she finds herself willing to give up everything to be with him.

The attraction is too strong for either one of them to ignore, but Roman and Jules soon discover that the uncertainty of their new world extends much farther than just the zombies. When disaster strikes, Roman must race against the most terrifying clock imaginable to save Jules, or once again end up alone.


My take…

I'm dangerously close to burning alive. And I will love it.
***

On the heels of reading one of Mary’s other books, I was back in need of a zombie read to whet my appetite. And this one absolutely delivered.

The relationship between Roman and Jules is instantaneous. Some might find it a little too quick. I, however, loved it and could not get enough of these two. It reminded me of a great YA read when the characters are falling in love for the first time. And all the feels that go along with it.

It was sweet and perfect until it was real and deadly. My heart was in my throat in the end. I couldn’t read fast enough. I had to know what was going to happen. I had to know if they would make it. I needed to know if they would survive the hand that this zombie infested life had dealt them. Too much emotions all at once.

Some may also have a problem with the ending. But in the zombie apocalypse not everything is beautiful and happy endings. In fact, neither of those things come to mind when you are staring down a rotted corpse. So for those that don’t care for how Mary ended the story, there is an alternate ending. I am one of those that loved the alternate ending more. I am a romantic though. So I am glad she gave us that. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment