August 6, 2020

5*Review: OUR WAY by TL Swan

Title: OUR WAY

Author: TL Swan

Source: eARC from author for review

Goodreads...

Nathan Mercer, the only man in my life.
Loving him was never an option.

We met ten years ago, when we started at the same company on the same day.
Both new in town and with nobody else to rely on, we quickly became friends.

And while Nathan went on to rule San Francisco, I’m still doing the same job with the same people.
We finish each other’s sentences, we spend Christmas together and he sleeps at my house more than his.
He’s beautiful.... beyond belief.
In another life, he’s probably my soul mate.

However, lately things have changed. He’s started looking at me differently.
His eyes drop to my lips as I speak.
His hugs are tighter…. longer.
Our fights are more passionate, his jealousy insane.

I know it’s all in my head….it has to be.

They say to never love someone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
I don't. To him I'm a queen.

But our story is complicated.
And as much as I love Nathan Mercer with all of my heart. . .
He’s the one man I can never have.



My take...
Our love was too fast, too passionate, and too blinding with its beauty.

Second chance romances usually tip my last nerve because the characters have zero communication skills. Well, apparently I didn’t know the trope of “once was gay man, now I am in love with my girl bff of 10yrs” non communication, because it hits at a whole different level. Seriously. And the angst that this book houses is thick and volatile. Emotions were all over the place; the characters and mine. But when you have 2 head strong personalities like Nathan and Eliza, butting heads for a over a decade and then throw love into the mix, the story is destined to be nothing short of a roller coaster of feels.

But guys, I couldn’t stop reading. I had to make myself lay the book down at 3am to try and get some sleep. Which was hard to do after riding said roller coaster and my mind still steadily going 50mph. The story was addictive. It was thrilling. It was absolutely heartbreaking. I was back and forth on if I wanted them to even be together in the first place or just slap some common sense into their pea size brains.

And let me just say something about Nathan. For someone so smart and inventive, the dude is dumber than a stack of bricks when it comes to many upon many of the stupid life decisions he has made throughout the book. And definitely not praising some of Eliza’s decisions either. For people in their thirties, you’d think they would know better. They definitely should have paid better attention in Sex Ed/Health class back in school. Too many face palms with these two.

But I absolutely loved the book and their story. It was a fantastic read that never let up on the intrigue. It had me sucked in from the beginning up until the very end. 5 Stars!!



No comments:

Post a Comment