September 19, 2020

5*Review: WARLORD by Jagger Cole


 Title: WARLORD

Author: Jagger Cole

Source: eARC from author for honest review



Goodreads...

She wants me dead. I want her as my wife.

They call me a savage. A beast. A jungle warlord fighting a forgotten war in a place the world forgot. And believe me, that suits me just fine. No rules, no BS, no baggage.

That is, until the very second Isla Carrington steps off a plane and into my world as my captive.

She’s everything I’ve ever run from – brains, sass, and beauty. She's a literal royal duchess, for God’s sake. She also might be everything I’ve ever wanted. It’s dangerous for her to be here. Not because of the bullets, mortars, or the man-eating tigers that prowl this jungle. It’s dangerous because her being here temps me.

I should send her packing. But a rival wants my head on a plate after a misunderstanding. The only way I keep it on my neck is if I pretend my gorgeous captive is my new wife.

I threw myself into a jungle war for the freedom to be alone and escape the world. Now, I’ll do anything to keep her with me. And all to myself.


My take...

I wasn’t sure how I would feel about Isla’s book. She wasn’t one I was overly fond of, with the small bits we saw of her in OUTLAW. But I absolutely loved her and her feistiness when pitted against Killian. They were perfect for each other. When one pushed, the other pulled. And vice versa. They are a fabulous team that made for one another.

WARLORD was another exciting, on fire, pulse pounding read that absolutely added to this fantastic series by Cole. Keep them coming. 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment