November 21, 2020

5*Review: ENEMIES by Tijan

 

Title: ENEMIES

Author: Tijan

Source: ebook from KISS APP




Goodreads...

Stone Reeves was my neighbor, and I've hated him since sixth grade.

Gorgeous and charismatic, he became the town's football god, while I became the town's invisible girl.
He went to a Division 1 school for football, while my father was fired by his father.
His team won the National Championship, while my mother died the same day.

He was a first round pick for the NFL ...
... while I made the worst decision of my life.

Now I'm in Texas trying to pick up the pieces of my life.
But, Stone is here.
Stone is everywhere.

It doesn't matter that disaster has struck my life again.
It doesn't matter that he's the one trying to console me.
It doesn't matter that he's the nation's newest football obsession.

Because for me, he always has been and always will be my enemy.


My take...

ENEMIES was the agnstiest of angstiest books I have ever read. Well, maybe not but it was still pretty darn angsty. And poor Dusty was dealt blow after blow of hurt and pain. Too much for one person to even imagine. The story was fabulous and had me reading every free moment I could find. Seriously. I was awoken at 3am and immediately picked up my phone to read. I knew they would find their happily ever after but I knew they still had to face a lot more before they got there. Tijan has quickly became one of my most favorites to read. Her books are brilliant, angsty, and have some of the best characters I have ever read about. I want to read all her books!! 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment