December 9, 2020

4*Review: THE SAVAGE ONE by BL Mute

 

Title: THE SAVAGE ONE

Author: BL Mute

Source: eARC for honest review


AMAZON  GOODREADS


Goodreads...

"You can't be a queen in a crumbled kingdom..."

Charlie
Even as Teddy’s child grows in my belly, I feel myself locked in the jaws of grief I can’t escape. But I can’t allow my emotions to distract me. A very real threat lurks in the shadows, eagerly waiting for me to let my guard down for even an instant. Cameron is out there somewhere—and it’s only a matter of time before he finds me. Lucas vowed to protect me, yet with each fluttering kick I feel, I’m reminded that I’m more vulnerable than ever.

Lucas
Charlie was a liability to the family. But as the right hand to the mafia king, it wasn’t my job to question such things. I trusted Teddy and gave him the loyalty and respect he deserved. He ordered me to keep her safe, and that’s what I did. I never meant to fall for her, but with him gone, I will honor my word by keeping Charlie and his unborn child safe... no matter what it takes. 


My take....

I never understood the chemistry between both Charlie and Teddy, and after what he did to her in book 2, I never understood the hold he had. Even after his death. I failed to comprehend that hold and her love. It just wasn’t there for me. The love would have evaporated the second he laid a finger on me.

I adored the growing feelings between Lucas and Charlie and looked forward to seeing if that relationship could grow and be something healthy and rewarding. Two things it was not between Teddy and Charlie. These growing feelings and Charlie’s pregnancy made for such an interesting and intense read.

These books are the first of Mute’s that I have read and from what I have gathered she puts her heart into her stories. They are raw and grit, something that is hard to find in a lot of books. 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment