November 13, 2011

Top 10 with Krystle Jones

Top 10 with Krystle Jones, author of The Scarlet Dagger.
I will be reviewing The Scarlet Dagger soon!

1. fav song/singer? I'm a huge Lady Gaga fan. She fuses so much passion into all her songs, many of which are favorites of mine. I had the chance to see her live when she came to Omaha, and it was a fantastic show! I also really love listening to Sharon Adel, the singer for Within Temptation. Her voice has so many colors to it, from gritty to soft and angelic. I especially dig their latest album, The Unforgiving.
2. fav season? Definitely Spring! It's not too hot or cold, and all the pretty flowers are starting to bloom.
3. worst vacation? Um, I haven't had any truly horrible vacations. I will say I had a rough time getting off on one. It was around Christmas, and this nasty blizzard had rolled through about the time our flight was scheduled to leave. So our flight got delayed, and continued to be delayed for well over 24 hours. We slept in the airport (which was very uncomfortable, as some of you probably very well know), but we eventually got off and the rest of the trip went off without a hitch. Until we got home and discovered the airline had lost our luggage (which was found and mailed to us about a week later).
4. guilty pleasure? Soaking in a steamy bubblebath while sipping ice cold champagne and reading a trashy romance. ;)
5. fav book and/or author? Ugh! Too hard a question to answer! lol There are a few authors that I'll read anything they put out: Richelle Mead, Melissa Marr, Julie Kagawa, Sarra Cannon, and Kristen Cashore. I've also recently read Samantha Young and Cynthia Hand, and I really enjoy their works, too.
6. one item you cannot live without? My laptop. I use it all the time (probably too much). lol
7. hobby? I love to voice act. I got into it back in late 02, when I was a senior in high school, and I've been doing it ever since.
8. fav movie/actor/actress? Um, I don't really have a single favorite. I enjoy Christopher Nolan movies - I think he's brilliant. For actresses, I like to watch Katherine Heigl and Natalie Portman, and for actors, I like Chris Hemsworth and Hugo Weaving. I also LOVE Morgan Freeman (I could listen to his voice all day long).
9. fav food? Mac 'n cheese!
10. who would you like to meet? (dead or alive?) I'd love to meet Queen Elizabeth I. She was such an incredibly strong woman, especially for the time period in which she reigned, and I find her to be particularly fascinating. I'd also love to meet Beethoven. In addition to composing timeless masterpieces, he was a very intriguing individual. It might not be the most pleasant experience to meet him, but I think it most certainly would be memorable!
What great, great answers! You mentioned Cynthia Hand. I recently won Unearthly and hope to read it soon. Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions!
If you want to get in touch with Krystle, go here...


No comments:

Post a Comment