December 23, 2011

Top 10 with Author Kyani Swanigan


Today's Top 10 is with Kyani Swanigan
Her book Everlife (book 1 of the Nyx Series) will be out soon. She is also currently working on the cover for the book.
 Summary for Book One of the Nyx Series: Everlife...
After the untimely passing of her mother, Rose Blakely was on a mean streak down the road to nowhere, ruining her relationship with her father, her friends, and worst of all – she was losing herself. Luckily this state of rebellion didn’t last long, and now that the new semester of high school at Halfmoon Bay has started, Rose is determined to ditch her old ...ways, and try to live a life of complete normalcy. But things will prove to be anything but normal when one night walking home from a party; Rose is attacked in the small wood by a vicious woman who seemed hell-bent on killing her. Rose was certain that this woman was going to end her life, when suddenly a strange motorcycle came crashing through the trees, and the person on it fought in Rose’s defense. Things like this don’t happen every day.


Surviving this horror was something strange that Rose could neither explain, understand, nor cared to even think about. But with the arrival of the peculiar (and eerily handsome) new student, Birch Balman, Rose’s life would unknowingly change that day, and her life would slowly begin to be taken over by the odd and unlikely. Such as the random accident that her car was thrown (literally thrown) into only a day later by the same crazy woman who attacked her in the small wood. This only added to things that Rose didn’t care to address on her road to redemption. She just wants to live a normal life.


But her hopes for such simplicity are brutally botched, when Birch unveils a secret about Rose that she didn’t even know herself. And with this disturbing knowledge, Rose’s life takes a drastic u-turn for the worst. Because now the ultimate battle has begun, and this battle will be tougher than she could have ever anticipated. Now with so much going on, the only thing that Rose could dare hope for…is to make it out alive.

1. fav song/singer?
I am a huge music freak, so its a tough choice. I'd have to go with my favorite song right now, which is "heartlines" by Florence and the Machine. Favorite singer would be Adele, she is beyond amazing!

2. fav season?
I'd rather be cold than hot, any day. So Winter wins.

3. worst vacation?
My trip to the Bahamas for reasons I dare not tell, LOL.

4. guilty pleasure?
hmm that's a tough one, I would say indulging in beignets whenever I go to downtown disney. I love them!

5. fav book and/or author?
I am an avid fan of Cecily Von Ziegesar, but right now its the Hunger Games. I couldn't put it down.

6. one item you cannot live without?
It's a draw between my ipod and my cellphone.

7. hobby?
Polyvore! lol I check that more than facebook. Which says something.

8. fav movie/actor/actress?
Breakfast at Tiffany's. Audrey Hephburn I adore :)

9. fav food?
chips and salsa

10. who would you like to meet? (dead or alive?)
Can it be fictional? Because I'd love to meet Eric Northman in all his ancient vampire goodness, haha

Hmmm, now you have peaked my interest about your vaca in the Bahamas. And of course...Eric is absolutely yummy!

Get in touch with Kyani here...
facebook
twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment