January 16, 2012

Top 10 with Author Matthew Merrick

Today Matthew Merrick has graced my blog to answer the Top 10. He is the author of Exiled and soon to be Shift.
1. fav song/singer? Eminem is my favorite artist. My favorite song however, is Sittin' by the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding.

2. fav season? I love Fall. It's warm enough you don't always need a jacket, but cold enough that it's perfect jeans and hoodie weather!

3. worst vacation? Hrmm...I guess I can't answer this fairly, because we never really went on vacation growing up. If we did go anywhere, it was always to visit family. A kid can only handle so much cheek pinching, you know?

4. guilty pleasure? Cereal. I eat it all the time. Everyone that knows me, knows this is always done out of a salad bowl. If I didn't have kids to promote healthy eating to, I'd eat it for dinner every night. Okay most nights. I like steak too.

5. fav book and/or author? J.K. Rowling is an amazing writer. I loved the Harry Potter series. Specifically the Goblet of Fire. The earlier books in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton were definitely up there was well. And to pick a different genre, Brimstone by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child rocked my world.

6. one item you cannot live without? Without a doubt, the day my iPod dies, so will I...or I'll buy a new one. Either way, it goes everywhere with me.

7. pet peeve? People who chew with their mouths open, not only do I not want to see your chewed up food, I hate the sound of lips and gums slapping together with food in the middle. And people who invade my personal bubble. You can't see it, but it's there. Trust me.

8. fav movie/actor/actress? Another tough one. I'm not sure if it's the favorite, but Good Will Hunting will forever be near the top of that list. American History X also rocked my world.

9. fav food? Ooooh...Just one? I think I'd have to go with pasta. You can create such a variety with it, and having been a chef for 10 years, I have a passion for making something new!

10. who would you like to meet? (dead or alive?) This is probably a really easy question for most people, but to be honest, I never really gave it much thought. Since I find his music to be incredible and his writing is...remarkable, to say the least, I'd love to meet Eminem and pick his brain. To go the route of famous actors, I want to sit down and have lunch with Anthony Hopkins and Morgan Freeman. I think both of them would have some stories to tell and be pretty cool to hang out with.


Dude I use to love me some Eminem. Still listen to him a bit every now and then. And of course I am now hungry for cereal. So talk to you later...

Want to stalk, I mean get in touch with Matthew...


No comments:

Post a Comment