April 22, 2012

Mini Review: Kiera's Quest:Awakenings by Kristy Brown

Title: Kiera's Quest: Awakenings

Author: Kristy Brown

Publisher: MuseItUp Publishing

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...
Meet Kiera, a pretty, intelligent, and talented girl, brought up by her uncle, and abandoned by her parents. Life is as normal as she believes it to be, apart from the deep ache inside her, telling her she’s different. For years, Kiera had dreams where she ventures into a different reality. She’s not alone; a presence is always there, keeping her safe, yet she feels vulnerable,
and hunted. Zakk, Prince of Zantar, is under the Witch Queen’s spell as she tries to take over his world. He crosses paths with Kiera, and their fates are entwined.
As their journey unravels, she learns that she is not the only one affected by this prince. Who is on her side? Will she find out why she has been chosen? How can someone so young, defeat such evil? Will she find the strength to save the ones closest to her? Will this be Kiera’s only Quest?

My mini review...
I found this book incredibly fun and fascinating. It's like a modern day fairy tale in the works. Oh I absolutely love the way Kiera and her friends talk and the slang words they speak. Too frickin cute! Makes me wish I grew up in the UK.
Kiera's Quest is a short read that I finished within about an hour, give or take. But it's full of drama, bullies, evil wanna be Queens, a smidge of romance, and talking plastic dolls (lol does that peak your interest?).
I did not find any fault in this read besides the fact I wish it was longer. The ending was a perfect set up to lead you into the next book; it left me with a want to know what happens next in her quest. Thank you Kristy for allowing me a chance to review your work, I look forward to reading more.


No comments:

Post a Comment