July 24, 2012

Top 10 with Nyrae Dawn, author of FREEING CARTER

Today we have Nyrae Dawn, author of books like  WHAT A BOY WANTS & WHAT A BOY NEEDS. And now her latest book FREEING CARTER is now available
His whole life Carter’s fought to hold it together: To help Mom run their store. To be there for his special needs sister, Sara, and be the perfect boyfriend Mel wants. To dominate on the basketball court—the only place he ever feels free. And to carry Mom up the stairs when she’s too smashed to make it on her own. 

It isn't like she has a problem. Mom loves them. If she doesn't drink every day, she's not really an alcoholic, right? 

Wrong.

Then Kira Dawson, a girl with a bipolar wardrobe and rotating hairstyles comes to town. Somehow, she sees the truths he hides from the world. “You have skeletons, too, Carter Shaw. Don’t think I don’t know it.” For the first time, he wants someone to see his inner scars—to really know him. 

When his mom finally goes too far, will Carter be able to man-up, even if it means turning his back on her and stepping out from behind the façade he’s fought so hard to keep in place?


1. guilty pleasure? CHOCOLATE.

2. 1 book you could read over and over? Lover Awakened by JR Ward

3. fictional character you would love to spend the day with? That is HARD. I'm going to Jamie Fraser from Outlander. Preferably not running for our lives though ;)

4. one thing you cannot leave the house without? Cell phone, all the way.

5. fav song/singer? It changes. Right now I'm loving Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran. My wedding song was All My Life by KC and Jojo, so that will always be a favorite.

6. hobby? Reading. I have to read. All the time.

7. fave movie/actor and or/actress? Leonardo DiCaprio

8. one place you would love to visit? Scotland

9. pet peeve? Being late. Hate it.

10. fav color? Purple. It's pretty and happy :)


Get in touch with Nyrae...

Get FREEING CARTER..

5 comments:

  1. Great post. I love Nyrae Dawn's books. I bought Freeing Carter last week and now I can't wait to "make" the time to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyrae is a wonderful author and I LOVE all her book boys! Thanks for this fun post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous24 July, 2012

    I have read and loved ALL of her books. Her characters are so well developed and she masters the male POV and realistic "teen speak" dialogue which is very hard to pull off. Once I start one of her books, I am immediately sucked in and can't put it down until I'm done. The relationships and emotions are so compelling that I get attached to the characters and continue to think about them long after the story is done. Her books are definitely ones that you want to own and reread. She is a very talented writer as well as a wonderful person. ;) Thanks for the great post! (I follow you both on Twitter @javalotta )

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Nyrae!!! BDB love, WOOT! Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete